What are your main portable phones?
Apr 10, 2008 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 111

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hi folks!
I thought of opening a tread so each of us could say what is his portable phones (that he uses most of the time).
For example:
I used up till two months ago the EP630 and then they broke so now i'm on the hunt for new IEM's. (probably gonna go with the cx300)

Your turn now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #7 of 111
PK-1s. For portable use I have found I really like buds the best. I use them un-amped which I know a lot of people frown on with the PK-1s but I am quite happy with them and think they sound great even without an amp. One less thing to carry and since I use my iPhone I don't have to carry a phone and a DAP...these days I'm quite content with the minimalist approach. YMMV.

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #9 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PK-1s. For portable use I have found I really like buds the best. I use them un-amped which I know a lot of people frown on with the PK-1s but I am quite happy with them and think they sound great even without an amp. One less thing to carry and since I use my iPhone I don't have to carry a phone and a DAP...these days I'm quite content with the minimalist approach. YMMV.

Yes i get your point, IMO using an earbud while carrying a portable amp kinda defeat it's real purpose as a "portable" setup. If we want to carry an amp around, maybe we should call it "transportable".
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #10 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfourtunatly, my MS-1. They are almost useless in noisy situations. But I just cant stand crappy sound, and I dont have anything else that is good.

how can you possibly call them portable phones? they're quite large, and they most certainly don't fit in any pocket. You need a bag to carry them
redface.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how can you possibly call them portable phones? they're quite large, and they most certainly don't fit in any pocket. You need a bag to carry them
redface.gif

Maybe he keeps them around his neck when he isnt using them
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #14 of 111
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9's on sunny days and Shure SE530's in rain and snow
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #15 of 111
Apple iBud.
My Westone UM2 have broken down, and I have not replaced them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back