what are your favourite headphone brands?
Dec 31, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #32 of 43
We don't have those in my neck of the woods. We don't even have audio stores.

Quote:
Quote:
Send them my way...may be the only way I ever get to listen to them.

Quote:
Or should we have the Stax mafia tie you to a chair and make you listen to an O2 system?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Go to a meet?

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #33 of 43
hmm...i'm really fond of wood cans, so i pick AT, Grado, Denon, a bit of JVC, Audez'e and a few others.

besides, I'm loving my W1000X 
darthsmile.gif

Wait, when'd you get a pair of those?! I thought you just had a W10! I so need to go to a meet when I visit you guys this summer...if you're near Manila.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #35 of 43

Quote:
hmm...i'm really fond of wood cans, so i pick AT, Grado, Denon, a bit of JVC, Audez'e and a few others.

darthsmile.gif
 even though i have an absurd setup.

whats the significance in sound quality of the wooden headphones. i care more for function then looks.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #37 of 43
Beyer, ATH, and Grados also a plus for what they did for the community with the hf1,hf2 and future if there will be hf3.

But seriously in design have to go with larry's art.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #38 of 43
^^
... I have both.
wink_face.gif

when will you visit manila?

Ooh, can't wait then!!! Somewhat tempted to sway to a W11 or W5000 instead now just to have more variety in meets! I can always trade for the W1000x, maybe even on the spot? :wink: Probably next summer. If not, then in 3 years. I'll have a pair of Thunderpants clones with me to compare.
Quote:

darthsmile.gif
 even though i have an absurd setup.

whats the significance in sound quality of the wooden headphones. i care more for function then looks.

They're better against resonance and add their own color to the sound.

Bro, I'm sure you're ATs.are way more pleasing than the Senns could ever be :wink:

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #39 of 43
I love Grado for fullsize open, Ultrasone for fullsize closed, Sennheiser for portable, Shure for IEM's

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #40 of 43

Quote:

Quote:
^^
... I have both.
wink_face.gif

when will you visit manila?

Ooh, can't wait then!!! Somewhat tempted to sway to a W11 or W5000 instead now just to have more variety in meets! I can always trade for the W1000x, maybe even on the spot?
wink.gif
Probably next summer. If not, then in 3 years. I'll have a pair of Thunderpants clones with me to compare.

Quote:

They're better against resonance and add their own color to the sound.Bro, I'm sure you're ATs.are way more pleasing than the Senns could ever be
wink.gif

i can see the wood having a certain sound texture to it. i can understand if they would sound good.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #42 of 43
Quote:
They're better against resonance and add their own color to the sound.Bro, I'm sure you're ATs.are way more pleasing than the Senns could ever be
wink.gif

is that so?
now I know more! 
smile.gif

There's also a few more things but they're a bit harder to explain and I don't feel like typing it all on a virtual keyboard that's acting funky. But the extra weight of the cups reduces resonances, but I at the cost of reflections, and I think its the variance in the wood that cause reflections in accordance to the wood but I'm too tired to make complete sense of that and hopefully someone will correct me. So yeah. There's a reason mega buck cans use wood instead of plastic...for the most part.

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #43 of 43
The best headphone meet ever was held in North Carolina. We shot guns, swam in the ocean, had biscuits after brent went home, and even listened to headphones. It was 14 hours from NJ, and totally worth it.

The Maryland and washington DC contingent throws a party every year or so. hop in the car and rock out.

Quote:
We don't have those in my neck of the woods. We don't even have audio stores.

Quote:
Quote:
Send them my way...may be the only way I ever get to listen to them.

Quote:
Or should we have the Stax mafia tie you to a chair and make you listen to an O2 system?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Go to a meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back