What Are You Listening To RIGHT NOW?
Apr 5, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #196 of 1,005
JiPi: im not stopping here after this im hooking up with sasha in S.F.(003) then back down the coast with digweed in L.A.(019). aint tonight grand!

Apr 5, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #198 of 1,005
Want me to impress you now?

I'm throwing all GU's in a row (except 002, for obvious reasons
tongue.gif
) then all PR's, then all NU's, then all SAM's, then all the side-labels.

I'll call tonight (and the next day or so) GU-o-thon.
biggrin.gif

BTW, GU003 is Nick Warren - Prague. Sasha's San Francisco is GU009 and he also has GU013 which is Ibiza. Better IMO.
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 2:57 AM Post #200 of 1,005
JiPi: i dont have any of the nubreed cds. maybe you can turn me on to some of your favorites. i've got the sasha ibiza(live).my sasha S.f. says 003 on the front and on the cds , red#1,blue#2. on the back where it should say boxed it says thrive. picture on the front is not the one of his face its him standing in front of golden gate bridge. it says globalunderground sanfrancisco 1999 thrive records. any ideas?

Apr 5, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #201 of 1,005
Ah
smily_headphones1.gif
You got the US numbers. Somehow, the numbers got all messed up when they
decided to sell GU's in US.. Obviously, US just can't do anything like everyone else does.
rolleyes.gif

They just had to be different.. Heh. Anyway, yea.. The numbers I use are the UK
ones, the ones from the GU's released on Cluboxed.

As for NU, they're great. The older ones are wicked (as are the early GU's, like the ones by
Tony de Vit (RIP
frown.gif
)). I think my favourite is NU005 by Lee Burridge. It's this album that
made me discover this great artist plus the first track is just damn awesome (Marshall Jefferson
Vs Noosa Heads - Mushrooms, also used as intro track on GU - Locations, which is SAM005 I
believe). Old but wicked track (1998). Anyhow. Yeah, try them, I think they're good. They're
different than the usual GU's at least. Be sure to check out the GU's mixed by The Forth (Electric
Calm and uh, well, an unreleased promo GU sent to their members, are my favourites..
totaly rocks!).

Apr 5, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #202 of 1,005
i see now that thrive has the sydney cd as 001 instead of 006.thanks for the advice on nubreed stuff. how about seb fontaine? i've only got the perfecto presents horizons. any others i need to own?

Apr 5, 2003 at 8:26 PM Post #209 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
i see now that thrive has the sydney cd as 001 instead of 006.thanks for the advice on nubreed stuff. how about seb fontaine? i've only got the perfecto presents horizons. any others i need to own?

Seb Fontaine mixed all the PR series (Prototype). Also good. Probably the sub-label I like
the least of all GU's. The earlier ones are very good also. Makes you want to go back in 1998
and listen to trance again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back