What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 15, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #47,388 of 136,279
DAD1032sm.jpg

Janos Starker - Starker Plays Baker (24/96kHz)

Now playing... "3rd Movement - Fast"

wink.gif
 This is a gorgeous sounding disc.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #47,392 of 136,279
Francesco CavalliLa Calisto
Maria Bayo, soprano
Alessandra Mantovani, soprano 
Graham Pushee, counter-tenor 
Gilles Ragon, tenor
Marcello Lippi, baritone
Simon Keenlyside, baritone
Concerto Vocale/René Jacobs

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #47,393 of 136,279
I'm actually listening to a track I was working on for the past couple of days, which I couldn't listen to with my HD600 because the cable for that decided I didn't need any audio in my left ear and both Hi-Fi stores near me didn't have any suitable cables in stock, which resulted in me having to order it online :/
But that aside, I've got the cable now so I'm listening to this mix I've been working on solely on my speakers (which I normally don't do).

Other than that, I've been listening to Ruby My Dear - Form and Monolog - 2 Dots Left

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #47,394 of 136,279
Tull

As seen in Providence 'bout winter 1978, as I remember being up front in a general admission "semi-crush"
saving the babe in front of me to her great appreciation and tight approval ;') xx  

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #47,396 of 136,279

"Stitches" - Califone

You tend to listen to this one quite a lot, but I've never heard it. What's it like?

Yeah. I'm a long term Califone/Tim Rutili fan. Truth be told, I like all of their albums, but this one, their newest, is on heavy rotation in my house. Califone, a Chicago-based band, with a shifting personnel line-up of always very creative musicians have a somewhat unique alt-folk/rock, sometime jangley-percussion, interesting lyrics, good guitar work, multi-instrumental, effective use of silence, dissonance and studio effects. Tim Rutili's voice has a David Bowie (when Bowie sings a slow ballad-type song) quality to it. I play a little guitar and I just go into some kind of semi-euphoric state when I listen to "We Are A Payphone" from "Stitches." All in all there isn't a lot of music out there that sounds like Califone. (Rutili and his bandmates have appeared in various configurations in bands such as Red Red Meat, Sin Ropas, oRSo, Ugly Casanova, and others.) Davey, if you read this maybe you could help me out with one of your effective descriptions here! I provided some links below so that you could explore "Stitches."

Paste Review:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/09/califone-stitches.html

CokeMachineGlow Review:
http://cokemachineglow.com/records/califone-stitches-2013/

Pitchfork Review:
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18438-califone-stitches/

Amazon Song Samples: (Definitely check-out "We Are A Payphone")
http://www.amazon.com/Stitches-digital-booklet-Califone/dp/B00ENFJKJK/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1384527931&sr=1-1

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #47,398 of 136,279

Roseaux feat. Aloe Blacc : Roseaux

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #47,399 of 136,279
  Mmmm - one of my favourite cello players
L3000.gif

What we Pre-Ordered this week:
popcorn.gif

Janos Starker Dvorak Cello Concerto (Pre-Order) by Antal Dorati & The London Symphony Orchestra

janos_starker_dvorak_cello_concerto.jpg

180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl 45 RPM LP - 2 LPs Sealed​

​

Janos Starker Dvorak Cello Concerto (Pre-Order)
by Antal Dorati & The London Symphony Orchestra

Our Price:
$54.99

Pre-Order - Ships Upon Release

Product Code:
ELLE-ORG-0171-45

Label:
Original Recordings Group

Genre:
Classical

Description:
180 Gram Audiophile Virgin Vinyl 45 RPM LP - 2 LPs Sealed

Track Listing:
Antonin Dvorak - Violoncello Concerto 
1. Allegro
2. Adagio Ma Non troppo
3. Final (Alelgro Moderato)
Max Bruch
4.Kol Nidrei, Op. 47
About Janos Starker Dvorak Cello Concerto (Pre-Order) by Antal Dorati & The London Symphony Orchestra:

Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes & Pressed at RTI! Numbered Deluxe Laminated Gatefold Jackets! Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide!
Renowned cellist Janos Starker is joined by The London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Antal Dorati for this 1962 recording of Dvorak's Cello Concerto alongside Bruch's Kol Nidrei.
Features:
• Numbered Deluxe Laminated Double Gatefold Jackets
• Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide!
• Audiophile 180g, 45rpm Vinyl
• Double LP
• Pressed at RTI
• Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes!

Musicians:
Janos Starker, cello
The London Symphony Orchestra
Antal Dorati, conductor
Recorded July 1962 at Wembley Town Hall, London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back