What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #46,502 of 136,553

No Trend ‎– Tritonian Nash - Vegas Polyester Complex 1987 Touch & Go Records

i just love how No Trend would mix post-punk with the most unexpected instrumentation and arrangements,i.e. Cal Tjader style vibes or brass sections that could easily have been inspired by the likes of Herb Alpert or Hal David/Burt Bacharach. undeniably one of the strangest records I own and one of my all time favorite.not everyone's cup of tea.but then again music isn't about trying to please others,like all art,its about giving form to your own unique take on the world around you in this bizarre ephemeral experience we all share called life.

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #46,504 of 136,553

Actually the 40th anniversary edition was remixed by Steven Wilson, not mastered. I believe the mastering engineer who was in charge of the remastering was Peter Mew, even though I don't own the 40th anniversary release myself. It seems to be a common misconception on a lot of audio forums that Steven Wilson remastered the new King Crimson 40th anniversary editions, the new ELP reissues, and a random assortment of other prog rock reissues, when in fact the thing he specializes in and considers himself to be most proficient at is mixing. I do believe he has mastered at least one or two Opeth albums, so it's not like he is complete stranger to that area of the field, however.

Remixed... remastered... I commonly mix up the terms. Whatever the case, the album sounds great!

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #46,506 of 136,553

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #46,510 of 136,553

SMOG​
 ​
 ​

wink.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #46,515 of 136,553
  Remixed... remastered... I commonly mix up the terms. Whatever the case, the album sounds great!

The music and sound are indeed the things that matter. As long as you know what the difference between mixing and mastering is that's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back