What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #45,841 of 136,228

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #45,842 of 136,228
Face+the+Music+elofacethemusic.jpg

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #45,846 of 136,228

DEEP PURPLE 

Made IN JAPAN 

15th August 1972

I have had Made in Japan on vinyl since the early '70's and still love listening to Highway Star and of course Smoke on the Water.................good memories!

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #45,847 of 136,228

I've previewed some of the tracks from the album but the rest of the record seemed too commercial-sounding for me. So far I've heard only two tracks from Ferry Corsten that I liked. I have a strong dislike for roughly 90% of the singers who work in the EDM scene, but Aruna is one of the few ones I genuinely enjoy.

Aesthesys - Ascendere​
https://aesthesys.bandcamp.com/album/ascendere​

I currently listening to this. My cousin who is studying music technology and composition himself recommended it to me, which is not something he does all too often. This is my first time hearing the EP and I really like it so far. It was mastered by Ian Shepherd, who is the founder and organizer of the Dynamic Range Day. It certainly is a very different-sounding release from the vast majority of other modern records, being very pleasant and pleasing on the ears. I'm currently listening to it on my Grados and I can already tell I would need to hear this on my 803s for the full experience. My cousin described this recording as very natural sounding and I would agree with him on that. An absolute must-hear for the unique sound alone. The mix isn't perhaps quite perfect, but that is a small gripe in the whole scheme of things.

Musically the EP is essentially post-rock with more than minor ambient and neoclassical influences. Highly recommended, and I must add that this is a FREE download from Bandcamp in the format of your choosing. The EP is also available on CD and I think I'll be placing an order in the very near future.

TY  5.30 AM here    Made my wake up perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back