What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #45,859 of 136,252
  Any good?

I'm in Love with this performance but I have only one other version from Daniel Ben Pienaar :

I'm not fan of Glenn Gould's "Goldberg Variations" . I've got this too: 

But I never seriously listened to it until now 
redface.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #45,860 of 136,252
what a picker

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #45,861 of 136,252

Live Art [Live]

Bela Fleck

wea/ 1996

2CD set

Something of a retrospective, Live Art is a treat for both newcomers and aficionados of the eye-popping artistry that is Bela Fleck, not to mention his more-than-capable partners in crime, bassist Victor Wooten and percussionist (well, it's not exactly a drum set he plays) Future Man. This two-disc set features live performances spanning a four-year period, with several guest appearances: Branford Marsalis sits in on "Flying Saucer Dudes," Chick Corea is featured on "The Message," and Bruce Hornsby appears on "More Luv." Several never-before-recorded songs appear here as well--the Scottish-inflected "Lochs of Dread," among others. Favorites like "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo," "UFO Tofu," and "Sinister Minister" are here as well, making this a well-rounded, enjoyable collection for any Fleck fan. Jazz? Folk? Bluegrass? Who knows, but whatever it is, it's well worth hearing. --Genevieve Williams

/ Groovy ~

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #45,864 of 136,252

I'm in Love with this performance but I have only one other version from Daniel Ben Pienaar :

I'm not fan of Glenn Gould's "Goldberg Variations" . I've got this too: 

But I never seriously listened to it until now 
redface.gif

Thanks, I'm gonna check it out. I love the '81 Gould version and like some others..don't like sustain pedals 4 sure
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #45,868 of 136,252

10:30am / Robyn - Body Talk
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BTW - just thought I would perform an A/B with Robyn : "Dancing On My Own" between Rdio and iTunes Radio to find out what Apple has brought to the table - Rdio FTFW (like...hard.) iTunes source was muffled as hell, not quite sure what's going on there but...no ty lol

In other news - also played the ALAC version (because... I LOVE ROBYN, OK?!
blink.gif
) and the Rdio stream comes closer to that lossless source sound than I would have imagined, just FYI 
wink_face.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #45,870 of 136,252
  Managed to find a few Chick Corea albums on vinyl in the past few days, listening to Crystal Silence:

I really want to buy Return to Forever (the album) on vinyl. It's worth its price for the artwork alone. Not to mention it's an amazing album in its own right.

Mango - Citylanes Airplanes​
https://soundcloud.com/silkmusic/sets/silk069​

A wonderful release. I don't know if Mango masters his own stuff himself but it would seem that his tracks often sound a lot better than the majority of electronic stuff out there these days. Even though the original is really good, the KIWAMU vs. Tokyo Bay Cruise remix is a real treat.

Shingo Nakamura & Jacob Henry - Words Unspoken​
https://soundcloud.com/silkmusic/sets/silkrl050​

Stan Chetverikov - Sensation​
https://soundcloud.com/silkmusic/sets/silktx034​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back