What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #44,119 of 137,117

I have tried to like Tarja (and Nightwish) but I just can't get there. I love the genre, and her voice is amazing (obviously), but somehow the two don't fit together for me. It's almost like her voice is too good - it comes across as pretentious to me.

It's hard to explain. I really like Amy Lee / Evanescence though.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #44,121 of 137,117
Quote:
I have tried to like Tarja (and Nightwish) but I just can't get there. I love the genre, and her voice is amazing (obviously), but somehow the two don't fit together for me. It's almost like her voice is too good - it comes across as pretentious to me.

I love Tarja due to her voice pureness. She can really bring her soul in to her voice when she's singing
gs1000.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #44,122 of 137,117
Quote:

Even though I love her very much, I can feel that too.
It is hard to put my finger on it, but yes.
edit: I mean that in her solo work her voice sometimes does not seem to blend enough with the music. Sometimes it does not come across as a whole.
But she is getting better and better with every album, and I just love her ever since I've hear my first Nw album.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #44,124 of 137,117
Aug 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #44,126 of 137,117
Quote:
Smooth jazz? I love smooth jazz. I'll have to check out that album!

For now:

Fourplay - one of my top bands.  Paul Hardcastle is number one overall for amount of good music over the past 20 years.  Sounds good loud too.............plenty of bass. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #44,128 of 137,117
Quote:
Quote:
Smooth jazz? I love smooth jazz. I'll have to check out that album!

For now:

Fourplay - one of my top bands.  Paul Hardcastle is number one overall for amount of good music over the past 20 years.  Sounds good loud too.............plenty of bass. 

*thumbs up*

Sigh...I miss the smooth jazz radio station in the area.
They replaced it with yet another pop/"modern music" station. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back