What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #43,456 of 136,047
Quote:
Human Legacy?? Oh I thought you were listening to Human League....
tongue.gif

no this... 

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #43,460 of 136,047
Quote:

http://www.last.fm/music/Phutureprimitive?ac=phuture

I'd say a mix of dubstep with some ambient mixed in. It's definitely more interesting to me than just straight up dubstep. Sounds killer on the T50rp.

People in the electronic music exchange thread were drooling all over this album about a year ago en masse. I previewed it on Bandcamp but found it compositionally too "phrimitive" for my tastes. Still I would have ordered the CD back then to give it a fair chance, but it was sold out so I didn't. I see it's finally back in stock on Bandcamp but that ship has sailed for me – I'm no longer in the same generous mindset as before. I also notice he is charging $12 for the CD and $15 for the CD with a digital download. Who on earth does that? I've never seen anyone charge extra for getting the download with the CD; it's typically always included.

Quote:
Listening to some Anna Calvi.. very intriguing for a first listen...

I believe I've seen this in stores. I checked the album's Wikipedia article and it sounds like it could be my cup of tea. Its Rate Your Music score isn't very high, though, but I've stopped trusting RYM years ago and moved to using it mostly for just cataloging my collection. I've found some of my all-time favorites through it though, so it definitely can be useful when used in conjunction with other sources.

I'll check out the album, eventually, when I get around to it.

Having finally ripped this and processed the artwork I'm giving this a first spin. Liking what I've heard so far, although the album is uncomfortably LOUD. There is some occasional audible clipping as well. But I guess that's how (some) people think metal should sound…

Edit

Now listening to this. I'm not religious but this album is like heaven on earth.

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #43,462 of 136,047
Quote:

I believe I've seen this in stores. I checked the album's Wikipedia article and it sounds like it could be my cup of tea. Its Rate Your Music score isn't very high, though, but I've stopped trusting RYM years ago and moved to using it mostly for just cataloging my collection. I've found some of my all-time favorites through it though, so it definitely can be useful when used in conjunction with other sources.

I'll check out the album, eventually, when I get around to it.

Now listening to this. I'm not religious but this album is like heaven on earth.

It's definitely different.  I can't say I like it yet, need a few more listens before I can even "hear" paradise.  It's gothic in sound and does give off a David Lynch vibe for sure. Do check it out when you can!

And oh, you got me listening to this now.
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #43,466 of 136,047
Lee Ritenour : " A Twist Of Marley: A Tribute"

Executive Producer and guitarist, Lee Ritenour puts together an all-star cast of
instrumentalists and singers to bring Bob Marley's music to life on " ATwist of Marley ".

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #43,469 of 136,047

Users who are viewing this thread

Back