What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #41,236 of 136,288
51wbId6SswL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #41,238 of 136,288

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #41,241 of 136,288

I really like their tracks on that specific album, however I find the CD version horribly mastered especially with the song called "Talons".
All the songs sound sooo distorted and overly-bright... Just so sad...

Unlike their newer album called "Four" which is really well mastered..-

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #41,242 of 136,288

A few songs in. So far I'm digging it. Just listening to odds songs by him it was hard for me to build a picture of what his music was really like, so I had a hard time really loving his music. Definitely starting to get him, though.

One standout verse for me was from Growin' Up:

Quote:
I took month-long vacations in the stratosphere, and you know it's really hard to hold your breath
I swear I lost everything I ever loved or feared, I was the cosmic kid in full costume dress
Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth, but I got me a nice little place in the stars
And I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car
I hid in the mother breast of the crowd, but when they said, "Pull down," I pulled up

Really love the bolded line.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #41,249 of 136,288
Quote:

A few songs in. So far I'm digging it. Just listening to odds songs by him it was hard for me to build a picture of what his music was really like, so I had a hard time really loving his music. Definitely starting to get him, though.

One standout verse for me was from Growin' Up:

Really love the bolded line.

"Lost In The Flood" and "Spirit In The Night" are two of my all-time favorites by The Boss, both from that record. 
beerchug.gif

k701smile.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #41,250 of 136,288
Quote:

"Lost In The Flood" and "Spirit In The Night" are two of my all-time favorites by The Boss, both from that record. 
beerchug.gif

k701smile.gif

Definitely great songs. In fact, I don't think there are any really weak songs on the album.

I've seen a lot of people compare his songwriting talent to Bob Dylan's... And I actually get it now. Obviously a different style, but still amazing like Dylan.

I'm a little late to this party, but better late than never.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back