What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #40,115 of 136,152
I have an original Mono pressing of Sound of Music. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Two on vinyl:

-"Thick As A Brick" Jethro Tull's best album IMO
-"The Sound of Music" soundtrack

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #40,118 of 136,152
Quote:

I love YES. I actually just recently saw Styx at the Houston Rodeo on Monday night, at Reliant Stadium in Houston. I didn't buy the tickets, my mother got them. The acoustics were atrocious, it was so muddy, an audiophile's worst nightmare, I had a headache after several songs. It's a good experience other than audio though.

If you really like Yes, you really need to get this SACD!  It was mastered by Steve Hoffman, and it sounds fantastic!  You may be already too late though, I think it may be sold out.  There's always eBay, but you nay have to pay a little extra...

EDIT:  Looks like they still have some at Amazon.  Better hurry though!   http://www.amazon.com/Close-Edge-Yes/dp/B00A93ENI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362631372&sr=8-1&keywords=yes+sacd

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #40,119 of 136,152
Quote:

If you really like Yes, you really need to get this SACD!  It was mastered by Steve Hoffman, and it sounds fantastic!  You may be already too late though, I think it may be sold out.  There's always eBay, but you nay have to pay a little extra...

EDIT:  Looks like they still have some at Amazon.  Better hurry though!   http://www.amazon.com/Close-Edge-Yes/dp/B00A93ENI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362631372&sr=8-1&keywords=yes+sacd

Nelamvr6, do you listen from the disk or did you copy into a computer or player?

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #40,121 of 136,152
Quote:
Nelamvr6, do you listen from the disk or did you copy into a computer or player?

Well, that's a hybrid SACD, so it has a redbook layer and a DSD layer.  If I'm home, I put the disc into the player to get the full benefit of thew high resolution.

But I've also ripped the redbook layer, and I have it on my notebook computer and my DAP, so I can listen to it that when when I'm on the road.

In this case, the really huge benefit is the remastering by Steve Hoffman, so even the redbook layer sounds way better than you've ever heard this album sound before!

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #40,122 of 136,152
Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34, The Complete Trip

66097423.jpg

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #40,124 of 136,152
Quote:

Well, that's a hybrid SACD, so it has a redbook layer and a DSD layer.  If I'm home, I put the disc into the player to get the full benefit of thew high resolution.

But I've also ripped the redbook layer, and I have it on my notebook computer and my DAP, so I can listen to it that when when I'm on the road.

In this case, the really huge benefit is the remastering by Steve Hoffman, so even the redbook layer sounds way better than you've ever heard this album sound before!

Thanks man 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back