What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #37,486 of 136,219
Michael Gira - Blind (Swans)

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZBa8Jw8QIQ[/VIDEO]

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #37,491 of 136,219
Quote:
Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert (24-96 - HDtracks)
Amazing, moving, beautiful and unbelievably high quality recording.

Thanks, korzena. I lack the hi-rez version but you inspired me to pull it out anyway @ 44.1 kHz. Now listening with a bowl of elegant white tea...

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #37,492 of 136,219
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, korzena. I lack the hi-rez version but you inspired me to pull it out anyway @ 44.1 kHz. Now listening with a bowl of elegant white tea...

I just purchased a couple of binaural albums from HD Tracks.
I lack the equipment and psychology to hear a difference between so-called "HD music" and regular CD-quality music, but I purchased the higher-than-CD quality albums anyway. I feel that wasn't necessary at all... XD

I shelled out $18 and $20 respectively for these albums and I get high-quality 185x185 resolution cover art to go with my "HD" music. W00t!

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #37,494 of 136,219
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just purchased a couple of binaural albums from HD Tracks.
I lack the equipment and psychology to hear a difference between so-called "HD music" and regular CD-quality music, but I purchased the higher-than-CD quality albums anyway. I feel that wasn't necessary at all... XD

I shelled out $18 and $20 respectively for these albums and I get high-quality 185x185 resolution cover art to go with my "HD" music. W00t!

I own "Explorations In Space And Time" and really like it. "The Amazing Sound Show" is next.

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #37,495 of 136,219
Take Five long version in loving memory of Dave Brubeck.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #37,497 of 136,219

I feel dirty for saying this, but I completely forgot I found an excellent looking used copy of this on vinyl awhile back. Hasn't gotten played until now...I've had a serious Zep itch for weeks now. Finally scratching it tonight. Might as well start with the best I suppose.

Just got done spinning this. Unfortunately my copy is fairly loud so I'll be buying the repress of this and Rumors soon. 

Up next. One of my father's favorite albums (mine too). He was so excited when I got him the CD recently.

Last one before bed. 10" LP. Absolutely amazing song. Metal before bed is always a good idea, me thinks. Also, the kick drum on this master sounds amazing. Should be picking up Once soon.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #37,498 of 136,219

Vintage Trouble - The Bomb Shelter Sessions (2012)

How did I miss these guys until now? I saw them on The Late Show with David Letterman, and they rocked the house and had ol' Dave grinning from ear-to-ear. Rock + soul!!! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back