What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #34,921 of 137,428

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #34,922 of 137,428
How is this? Gotta say the cover is amazing. Haven't had the chance to listen yet though. The remixes, of course. I know it's essentially a greatest hits.

Quote:
Rammstein - Made in Germany

Have not listened to this one, assuming I should.

Quote:
Zeds Dead remix is great, awesome take on the song.

How is this? I haven't listened to these guys in some time.

Quote:
Threat Signal - Trust in None

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #34,925 of 137,428
Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge  Full Album....Good Head Bang'in fun!  
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #34,926 of 137,428
Quote:
Cassandra Wilson: New Moon Daughter

Lovely.  Cassandra Wilson will be appearing live in Washington DC at the Howard Theater on November 7th.  Being this is a Wednesday evening, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it into the city to see here.  I'll be fatigued as it will be the day following the election.  
evil_smiley.gif

Meanwhile, getting back on topic, I happen to have "Glamoured" by Cassandra Wilson playing at the moment.  She has got to be one of the most talented female artists.  15 - 20 great albums in her pocket, plus a great range on moving between jazz and blues just makes it even better.  I know Diana Krall and Norah Jones get a lot of nods for their abilities, but I think Cassandra has them both beat.   I love her work.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #34,928 of 137,428
Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam - Mistakes

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #34,935 of 137,428
Quote:

Lovely.  Cassandra Wilson will be appearing live in Washington DC at the Howard Theater on November 7th.  Being this is a Wednesday evening, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it into the city to see here.  I'll be fatigued as it will be the day following the election.  
evil_smiley.gif

Meanwhile, getting back on topic, I happen to have "Glamoured" by Cassandra Wilson playing at the moment.  She has got to be one of the most talented female artists.  15 - 20 great albums in her pocket, plus a great range on moving between jazz and blues just makes it even better.  I know Diana Krall and Norah Jones get a lot of nods for their abilities, but I think Cassandra has them both beat.   I love her work.

It's a rare treat to get to hear an artist that talented in person. Live music is one of my favorite things to do and I almost never get to go. How nice would it be to listen to one of your favorite artist and then come home and slip on the hp's and listen to how true they really are? I got to do it once with a DMB acoustic performance!! Good stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back