What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #34,561 of 136,258

This rocks
etysmile.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #34,563 of 136,258
I can honestly say that I've never been impressed by an album as this one, and it's completely free from a net-based record label!

MASH by Sweet Potato

I've never such a combination of riffy rock, jazz jives, and metallic melodies in such a well-recorded package, if ever. It takes everything that's great about post-rock, but in a much more close-up, intimately brash setting. It's such a natural sound that it's hard to believe such a band is classified as metal, or even rock for that matter. And yet, the album has such an angst and emotion, with guitars and voices wailing in ways that are so ethereal, yet so beautiful. It's everything I could ever want in an album.

Good luck finding any clips of this little-known group on YouTube; their page at the Record on Ribs netlabel is here with all the free music.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #34,565 of 136,258

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #34,567 of 136,258

The White Zombie album for dance that's a million times better...imo!

I agree and only like a couple of songs in the end. I really don't listen to IDM anymore.

Zombie started going down hill in about year 2000 IMO!

Listing to this now

I Got A Knife (02:29)
Hello Darkness (02:56)
Shake Your **** Machine (03:08)
TNA (The Nihilistic Army) (03:31)
Mister Sister (03:49)
Dude Without A Face (03:27)
Buried Alive (02:17)
Tight Jeans, Loose Leash (03:52)
Rise Below (04:05)
You Give Me Worms (03:23)

Another album not as good as Apocalypse Dudes which also came out many years ago.!! Actually they are pretty bad now!

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #34,569 of 136,258
phish -- 10/13/91 set II @ north shore surf club in olympia, wa

on a maxell XLII cassette through a sony wm-d6c

::kickin' it old school::

p.s. for all you phans out there this is the go to show for gamehendge in its entirety

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #34,572 of 136,258
I lifted this from the Mike Dias thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609113/b-verstam-finehouse-a-cello-piano-duo-to-note#post_8604572

Quote:

Anyway, one of my favorite cellists is the late Jacqueline du Pre. Very expressive and emphatic, but it's her delicacy that can break your heart. There's no one else like her for better or for worse. I always immediately connect with her playing, which can send tingles down my spine. The first time I heard her was on the radio in the car. That was my introduction to her as well as the famed Elgar Cello Concerto. There was something about her lyricism and feeling that just jumped out at me like nothing else. Truly an extraordinary experience. BTW, the Stradivarius Yo Yo Ma plays once belonged to her.

Here's an early example of her playing when she was 17, accompanied by her mother Iris:

Elgar solidified her as a legend. Conducted by her husband Daniel Barenboim:

She was much less know for her Bach. Probably because it was poorly recorded when she was only 17. Despite all of that, it still touches me deeply:

There was an excellent documentary done about her by Christopher Nupen called Jacqueline du Pre In Portrait. He captures her vitality extremely well. Visit www.Allegrofilms.com/jackie, it may also be available to rent at Netflix.

Enjoy!

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #34,574 of 136,258

[size=1.8333em] André Rieu - The Beautiful Blue Danube[/size]

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #34,575 of 136,258

Listening to Spectrum, probably my favorite track from Ceremonials (by Florence + The Machine). Cracking album!

Quote:
I'm going through all the Smashing Pumpkins stuff. Working my way up to Oceania. I was just never really into them, until now. Incredible!!

Yeah, that is such a classic from the 90's. Billy Corgans attempt at a The Wall album for his generation, as I think he put it in an interview once...

I didn't know they had made a new album, gotta check it out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back