What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #31,158 of 136,276
Feb 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #31,159 of 136,276
Today I'm listening 2

Jay Z - The Blueprint 3

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #31,160 of 136,276

Mel Torme, Rob McConnell And The Boss Brass - Velvet & Brass (1995)

51pxL27A07L._SS500_.jpg

This was Torme's final studio album. The track "Autumn Serenade" provided me with just the right amount of post-dinner touch this evening. Dessert, if you would... 

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #31,161 of 136,276
Bought Blueprint 3 on vinyl the other day. Eager to see if it's mastered better than the (terrible) album master.

I didn't like Watch the Throne much because on Kanye. He can go die in a fire. I really enjoyed a few songs on it (No Church in the Wild has one of the best instrumental tracks I've heard in awhile on it).

Quote:
Today I'm listening 2

Jay Z - The Blueprint 3

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #31,163 of 136,276
@MorbidToaster

BluePrint 3 is amazing album. Thank God that I'm not that kind of audiophile and don't have that refined equipment and ears so it doesn't bothers me that much.

I just got Watch the Throne 2 days ago 'cause of the No Church in the Wild and album is just alright nothing more. When it comes 2 a hip-hop it's "all" about the lyrics 4 me...I don't mind the good beats 2.
wink.gif

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #31,164 of 136,276

Quote:
You're just not looking in the right places. 
wink.gif

'sokay though. 

OT: Listening to good Dubstep

So i finally gave this album a listen it has a laid back chill almost ambient vibe to it a very calm sound which i didn't expect.Endorphin was definitely the highlight of the album for me one thing i didn't really care for was the sample vocals but that was the main focal point or theme of this album or thats what i got from it anyway.The percussion was consistent but a bit hohum in the texture for electronica also i didn't hear that obnoxious low end this genre of music is associated with that was pleasant surprise.

Putting aside genres of music and just listening to this album as just music for me it was ok but not my cup of tea.

But thanks for suggesting it.

And if you dont mind me suggesting

A album i feel has a perfect balance of texture

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #31,167 of 136,276
I was more suggesting it to make the point that not all Dubstep is terrible wobbles. Burial is definitely a person to person artist, but his take on the genre really changed a lot of people's ideas of Dubstep. 

You tried mine so I'll try yours. I'll report back soon. 
wink.gif

Quote:
So i finally gave this album a listen it has a laid back chill almost ambient vibe to it a very calm sound which i didn't expect.Endorphin was definitely the highlight of the album for me one thing i didn't really care for was the sample vocals but that was the main focal point or theme of this album or thats what i got from it anyway.The percussion was consistent but a bit hohum in the texture for electronica also i didn't hear that obnoxious low end this genre of music is associated with that was pleasant surprise.

Putting aside genres of music and just listening to this album as just music for me it was ok but not my cup of tea.

But thanks for suggesting it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I still love the album, but the CD cut has some low end distortion (to my ears) and it bugs me every time I listen. 

I just really, really hate Kanye West. I've never heard a song where his part moved me at all. I don't get it. 

Quote:
@MorbidToaster

BluePrint 3 is amazing album. Thank God that I'm not that kind of audiophile and don't have that refined equipment and ears so it doesn't bothers me that much.

I just got Watch the Throne 2 days ago 'cause of the No Church in the Wild and album is just alright nothing more. When it comes 2 a hip-hop it's "all" about the lyrics 4 me...I don't mind the good beats 2.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back