What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #30,346 of 136,242
The Black Keys, El Camino.

The most fun my ears have had in months!

The best thing that has happened so far to Patrick Carney and Dan Auerbach, as far as I'm concerned, is their collaboration with Brian "Danger Mouse" Burton (who produced El Camino and also had a hand in the writing).

If you need to get rid of the post-holiday-season blahs and clear the cobwebs from your brain and ears, then give El Camino a try.

Keep listening and keep smilin'!
Kev

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #30,347 of 136,242
Not really "late" as I'm still on Sunday's business. Happy Birthday David Bowie!

Space Oddity
Hunky Dory
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Aladdin Sane
Young Americans
Station To Station

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #30,352 of 136,242

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #30,355 of 136,242

Joe Stanley Sextet: King of the Honky Tonk Sax

Detailed Description

A mean, gritty sax riding a sweaty organ groove is R&B at its best. That’s the tenor sax sound Joe Stanley pioneered and perfected in the ’50s, leading his hit-making Bill Black Combo (Elvis’ backup band) for over a decade. For this CD, he leads an all-star sextet: two bluesdrenched electric guitars, muscular bari sax, and soul-steeped Hammond organ up front, backed by the formidable John Previti’s bass and rocksteady drummer Big Joe Maher. Doubling the excitement, the band’s recorded with one-barstool-away sound. The icing is Joe’s bourbon-fortified vocals on classics like “Jambalaya” and “Rambunctious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back