What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 30, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #22,411 of 136,150
Cee Lo Green, The Lady Killer - "**** You"

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #22,413 of 136,150
Now I'm listening to Evocación. Composer Isaac Albéniz, Performers: Lieske Spindler Guitars.

This is a transcription from the original piano to two guitars.

I actually bought this CD a couple of weeks ago but listened to it for the first time last night. Now I'm giving it another listen today.

Boy, is it beautiful!

Many years ago I learned some classical guitar myself and although I wasn't very good it has left me with a great love of listening to people who really can play the classical guitar.

I'm still just at the early stages of listening to this CD now but looking forward to deriving much pleasure from it.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #22,414 of 136,150

Quote:
Lee Konitz and Red Mitchell:  both versions of "Just One of Those Things" on the I Concentrate On You duet album...
51xJjQl7aJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Don't have this, but SteepleChase is *filled* with good music.

My two favorite SteepleChases are both from Paul Bley:

'Notes On Ornette'

'Live'

I'm also a fan of Shep and NHOP's 'Notes On Bird.'

s.

edit -

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magheadfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Ooh yeah; I need to spin that one again some time.

Meanwhile:

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

B-B is one of my five or 10 favorite albums - I don't go more than a few weeks without listening to it.

I'm still trying to warm up to Cosmogramma - I buy things like that hoping I'm gonna find the next gen B-B, and it never is.

s.

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #22,415 of 136,150

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magheadfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Ooh yeah; I need to spin that one again some time.

Meanwhile:

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

B-B is one of my five or 10 favorite albums - I don't go more than a few weeks without listening to it.

I'm still trying to warm up to Cosmogramma - I buy things like that hoping I'm gonna find the next gen B-B, and it never is.

s.

Check out -though totally not next gen.- Cannonball Adderley's The Black Messiah.

I'm not sure I like Cosmogramma as much as L.A., but I've only just got it, so need some more time with it.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #22,421 of 136,150
Right now I am listening to "Prog Palace Radio". It's a progressive rock/metal channel on Shoutcast.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #22,422 of 136,150
  " I Heard It Through The Grapevine "

Chronicle, Vol. 1:

The 20 Greatest Hits

Creedence Clearwater Revival

About this Artist

1. Biography

Editorial Reviews

Chronicle, Vol. 1 contains every one of Creedence Clearwater Revival's original 19 hit singles -- including "Proud Mary," "Bad Moon Rising," "Green River," "Down on the Corner," "Travelin' Band," "Up Around the Band," and "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" -- plus "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," which became a hit at the same time this double-record compilation was released. It's a lean, concise collection that tells you everything you need to know about Creedence. Several of the band's individual albums are essential, but Chronicle is not only an excellent introduction to the group, it offers definitive proof that the group was one of the definitive singles' bands of the late '60s. Rarely has a greatest- hits collection been so well-assembled. [The compact disc edition is hampered by the inclusion of the full-length, 11-minute album version of "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"; its presence slows down the momentum of the collection considerably.] Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back