What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #22,114 of 137,002
Ah, the Mingus is mighty...

As for me...

I like her more than I like most piano players, and this album sneaks up on the profound.

Another one of my 'old guys' albums. I like to think Coltrane would approve.

s.

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #22,115 of 137,002
While resisting the urge to listen to a particular Kate Bush track I am listening to Sly & The Family Stone's "Family Affair" from disc two from "The Essential Sly & The Family Stone". I really have to get some their albums just to get a grip of how good they were. "Luv N' Haight" is now playing... Am I wrong in thinking they were 'The Beatles' of Funk and Soul? I will find out some time.

Edit: somehow I am reminded to Gorillaz by this music, weird...

Update: I went from For A Minor Reflection to Kate Bush to end with Björk's "Post". I am having a weird day... This will end with "Army Of Me", days of deep thought...

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #22,118 of 137,002

Quote:
While resisting the urge to listen to a particular Kate Bush track I am listening to Sly & The Family Stone's "Family Affair" from disc two from "The Essential Sly & The Family Stone". I really have to get some their albums just to get a grip of how good they were. "Luv N' Haight" is now playing... Am I wrong in thinking they were 'The Beatles' of Funk and Soul? I will find out some time.

Edit: somehow I am reminded to Gorillaz by this music, weird...

They weren't as brilliant for as long in as many ways, but...you're not wrong. It went out of print quickly, but 'Collection' (all their albums, minus a few key singles) is essential listening. So is the collection you have, which includes the missing singles. And Gorillaz is a great parallel.

s.

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #22,124 of 137,002
It's 23:38 and I thought I should post this before collapsing in a heap

Tomahawk - Anonymous

Roland Pontinen - Erik Satie

Spylacopa - Spylacopa

The Young Gods - Only Heaven

All while mixing and pouring concrete at home, between 20:00 & 23:00 approx

#/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back