What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 8, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #21,991 of 136,852

moz-screenshot-11.png
moz-screenshot-12.png

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #21,992 of 136,852
'Road Trips Volume 3, Number 3' - Grateful Dead. I'm not a fanatic, but am fond of the period where the Dead did an acoustic set and then plugged in.

Shostakovich, Schnittke: Cello Sonatas - Alban Gerhardt and Steven Osborne, Hyperion UK.

s.

Nov 8, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #21,993 of 136,852
Bach's "Toccata in F major" by Ton Koopman. A 1984 recording from the Archiv Production label: J.S. Bach Orgelwerke Toccaten & Fugen.

This music makes me want to use a bass heavy sounding headphone. The low end with organs in churches can be mind blowing and I know having attended a live performance in the Westerkerk in Amsterdam. The performance I am listening to right now has been recorded in the church in Maassluis. 

For now the DF still sounds good enough though. I should check out some Earth albums too by the way, at least their latest...

Update (almost 2 A.M. Dutch time): I am hooked on Bach's Toccatas. I will be checking which headphone does the most justice to this church organ music... 

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #21,997 of 136,852
Paul McCartney & Wings ~ Band On The Run

This is the newly remastered version that Jude posted on the homepage. I'm listening to the analog version, the 2 lp gatefold album version. It's pressed in Europe, and sounds really good. I bought this when it came out in '73 and still have my original pressing. After growing up with this album, and listening to it a million times, this is a really nice remaster, and the vinyl is probably better quality than what the capitol records plants where using when it came out. There was an 'oil crisis' in 73 and many of the record plants started recycling vinyl to save money. Anyway, it's a nice limited edition vinyl release, with all the unreleased tracks on the second lp.

Nov 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #22,000 of 136,852

"Wes Bound"

Lee Ritenour

Lee Ritenour (of Fourplay fame) gives a stunning tribute to one of the greatest jazz guitarists ever to fret a chord, Wes Montgomery ...

"Very" nicely recorded,  by GRP ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back