What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 3, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #129,422 of 136,069
prog night continues with Crime of the Century

another 1974 best album?

art rock / progressive rock / pop rock / progressive pop

I know Breakfast in America came out 5years after Crime of The Century, but it was Breakfast in America that introduced me to Supertramp. Later on, I would end up with Crime of The Century as my second Supertramp album. I have both on vinyl and CD. And love both albums equally.

On Crime of The Century, my favs there are Bloody Well Right; Dreamer; and most of all... Crime of the Century. On Breakfast in America, Goodby Stranger; Take the Long Way Home; Just Another Nervous Wreck; Child of Vision. But really there isn't anything on either album I don't like. And why both are in my all-time favorite albums of any genre.

Anyway, thanks for posting, listening to both now (yes, I have the Mo-Fi discs) ....

Supertramp.jpg

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #129,426 of 136,069
1974. My first RTF album and concert tour
I need to get that Where Have I known You Before Album, having recently bought Chick's "Return to Forever" album, which I thoroughly enjoy. Also have Return To Forever's Romantic Warrior, another fully enjoyable album, and Musicmagic, which I'm not much of a fan of.
I love Chick! I think I almost got all of his "Chick Corea" records including other projects
Yeah, I have a few Chick Corea solo albums, both on vinyl and CD.

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #129,427 of 136,069
I love Chick! I think I almost got all of his "Chick Corea" records including other projects
Since we're all double / triple posting, I will put in a +1 for Chick's Trilogy projects with Christian McBride and Brian Blade. Superb jazz piano trio work.
Happy listening!

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #129,428 of 136,069

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #129,430 of 136,069
Since we're all double / triple posting, I will put in a +1 for Chick's Trilogy projects with Christian McBride and Brian Blade. Superb jazz piano trio work.
Happy listening!
Since we both hardly ever double post... My Turn, lol

I agree with all things Chick trio's, although I am really enjoying the Trio jazz catalogue of the contemporary jazz pianist Hiromi, specifically:

-And with fuller accompaniments :

Both so very well recorded, just a joy :L3000:
( My: Trick AND Treat)

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #129,432 of 136,069
The only Monk I have is Straight No Chaser. Never really listened to it much. Might give it a dust off and see if it grows on me.

LmpwZWc.jpeg
Yeah, do that and report back, if you would. I'm a fan of most jazz musicians ... they're all cool
in their own way. I also dig Charles Mingus to the Nth degree, as we've covered in some detail. :)

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #129,434 of 136,069
IMG_1495.jpeg

Elmore James - Shake Your Moneymaker

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back