What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 31, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #126,302 of 137,075
Me, on the other hand, was a big fan of the Spanish Punk/Hardcore scene in the 80's: L'Odi Social, Hertzainak, Subterranean Kids, RIP, M.C.D. and so many others. Anarquía y Cerveza Fría :metal:🍺

I see, quite curious to see a fan of it na país vizinho or however it is said:). The thing about beer and politics regarding punk; well, I have a respect somehow towards their attitude. It is just that compositionally it uses to fall too simple for my liking (despite having just listened to Lawnmower Deth).

Jul 31, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #126,304 of 137,075
For the last two days, I've mostly been listening to everything that Passenger posts... (...and buying most of it!)
I see you purchased on Bandcamp Jim Wallis's new EP, and a couple Jonny Nash albums.
They both have that folk/western ambient sound that I'm drawn to...
Glad you like!

Jul 31, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #126,305 of 137,075
Lost this one years ago. Now I have it back, in a 2 disc edition with a live performance.

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #126,306 of 137,075
lithium - Nirvana

The Hype - Twenty One Pilots

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #126,307 of 137,075

Jul 31, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #126,308 of 137,075
Puscifer - V is for Vagina
IMG_0375.jpeg

Puscifer - Don’t Shoot The Messenger
IMG_0376.jpeg

Puscifer - C-u-n-try Boner
IMG_0377.jpeg

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes
IMG_0382.jpeg

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Hard Promises
IMG_0383.jpeg

Kris Kristofferson - Border Lord
IMG_0384.jpeg

Del Shannon - Drop Down and Get Me
IMG_0385.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #126,311 of 137,075
Eagles - The Eagles.png

Eagles - Desperado.png
Eagles - On The Border.png

Eagles - One of These Nights.png
This song was used as theme music for the British TV series "The Hitchhiker's
Guide to the Galaxy."

RIP Randy Meisner. While I like the album "Hotel California," that isn't the
Eagles to me. The Eagles were country-rock. Joe Walsh changed all that.
The trick with listening to this music is to just enjoy the overplayed big hits
and focus on the other songs, which are pretty damn good, too. Glyn Johns
produced the first two of these albums, then handed it over to Bill Szymczyk
at the band's request. The music became less "country" at that point with
the album "On The Border." HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #126,312 of 137,075
I really like John Butt in his recording of the Brandenburg concertos, but every other recording I have listened I find pretty dull.
These violin concertos are slow, timid and scholarly.
Yes, this may work as an antidote to the mainstream, in where most baroque recordings are played fast, dynamic and exiting. But this is a throwback to the late 70's, like Pinnocks 1st HIP recordings in where he carefully tried things out and kept things pretty conservative in tempi and phrasing. That said, I never heard Pinnock this dull.

1690819204823.png

Jul 31, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #126,313 of 137,075
I'm good with a business suit down to 32F. Once it gets above 50F, I'm done :wink:

See you at the South Pole, Bud :)

Often I feel like that too, especially in the winter when you're used to colder temps: then anything above 40 feels warm or at least mild. I never wear a coat for commuting/out-and-about from and to the car stuff; only for hiking/camping (if it's sufficiently cold). For everything else, even if it's in the single digits, just clothes is fine (usually an over shirt or shacket and t shirt, polo, or oxford/button down dress shirt) or a mid weight fleece jacket or waxed canvas lined jacket if it's well below freezing. (I do keep a coat and other gear like gloves, boots, base layers, and sub-freezing rated sleeping bag in my trunk in case of car trouble: especially don't want to be caught stranded at a state park in a remote/semi-remote area where it's 40 or 50 during the day but can get into the 20's a night just wearing a t shirt, light or mid weight jacket, mid weight hiking pants, and trail runner sneakers for hiking).

But I do enjoy temps in the 70's; although I prefer to exercise (hiking, cycling, tennis) in temps no warmer than 60 (although distance cycling in temps below freezing does get tricky due to the wind chill I will admit: proper clothing goes a long way to block that windchill though).

I've always been a lover of colder weather, with winter as my favorite season (most people look oddly at me when I assert that lol...I've--we've--even had rangers and police try to get us to go home when camping in the winter; sometimes even when just hiking if it was cold enough with the temps being "dangerous" as the media hypes them: acting like if you're out in certain temps with certain wind chills your fingers and nose will fall off within minutes. Totally silly.).

BEAGW.jpg

GWS.jpg

DPW.jpg

^This is one of Pearson's best imo.

OKS.jpg

^ The latest from one of my favorite metal bands...I think I feel an Over Kill marathon coming on...

Favorite:

DLH.jpg

^A favorite album of mine since I was 10/11 and it came out. Catchy as hell and excellent production. I've got a lot of versions of this album too; this is a picture CD.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #126,315 of 137,075
Hiroyuki Sawano - 犬Kあ3L

Appearing in Kill la Kill, Hiroyuki Sawano's 犬Kあ3L represents Uzu Sanageyama's theme. Doning a Three-star Goku uniform, he serves as one of the elite four under Kiryuin Satsuki. Being initially rather laid-back, confident, and cocky, would it be surprising if his theme was quite whimsical and quirky? Although it was too peculiar for my tastes when I first heard it, it has started to grow on me. It starts with what sounds like a kick drum ostinato and an upbeat, centered electronic/synthesizer rhythm. Surrounding the left and right sides is another electronic noise that moves and dissipates. A dense synthesizer that almost mimics a wall of strings appears in the background. At 0:26, after a brief pause, the intensity and volume rise, and all the electronic instruments become stratchy or more dissonant. The piece enters the next phase at 0:55. More strange electronic noise appears, occupying the full musical range. Perhaps vocals are introduced here, jumping left and right with a distorted and unintelligible voice. Starting at 1:26, human vocals are added while the instruments change back to the ones in phase one. From 2:12 and onward, the whole song seemingly changes from an electronic phase to a more normal or natural state. Reverbial and snappy drum sets, guitar strings, and "clinking metal" are introduced. though not all the computerized sounds disappear. Until 3:28, where the piece reaches its climax, adding chanting and the final electronic noise, which sounds like a mix between a violin and a flute, Honestly, I really don't know what is going on. Let's not even talk about the lyrics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back