What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 13, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #97,876 of 136,877
This song is just Majestic, that drop down at 01:30 :astonished: It takes skill to make disparate elements and pull them together cohesively in a Sonic Sandwich like that, 🥪 NOM NOM :-

:flag_au:

This is the Album you've been searching for to 'test your system' :-

:flag_gb:

This sums up why I love Bandcamp so much. Who'd have thought one of my favourite Albums would come from Ukraine of all places? :confused: It sounds Ethereal on headphones, even better through Speakers.

:flag_ua:

This should fulfil my 'Bonkers' quota for the week. love this :-

:flag_us:

Meh, I've got nothing. I just dig it :-

:flag_us:

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #97,877 of 136,877
Screenshot_20200913-203803_BubbleUPnP.jpg

This has to be one of my favourite albums of all time. A masterpiece. I've heard it countless times.

Flac, Pioneer N50, BH CRACK, Beyer DT1990

Sep 13, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #97,878 of 136,877

Happy ambient listenings... :pensive:

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #97,879 of 136,877

This has to be one of my favourite albums of all time. A masterpiece. I've heard it countless times.

Flac, Pioneer N50, BH CRACK, Beyer DT1990
Wow! @richie60 you have hit a bullseye with this one!
I absolutely love this album and it’s one of the few which I play all the way through.
I bought it on vinyl when it came out.
It brings back very happy memories every time I play it and has brought me to tears many times.
So many wonderful songs, but my favourite is The Ark. :beyersmile:
Some lovely harmonies by Barbara Dickson on a couple of tracks, including The Ark.
It would be in my all time top 10 albums.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #97,880 of 136,877
Listened via Qobuz Hi Res a few days back. Sounded good but it had some of the flattest live Stones I've heard. Gimme Shelter was lame to my ears and I think I've heard it live at least 10 times over the years. Last time in Denver with my 45 and 42 year old kids who'd never seen them before.
I have never seen The Stones live but thought the live version of Gimme Shelter on here was awful; both the recording quality and playing.
I much prefer the studio version on Let it Bleed.
My favourite live Stones album is ‘Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out‘

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #97,881 of 136,877
The Best of the Thompson Twins [Platinum and Gold Collection], Arista/BMG Heritage CD 82876-50928-2, compiled in 2003. This is one of my favorite "pop" groups from the 1980s - and this disc captures them at their best! I always marvel at the seductiveness of the sonic world created by the Thompson Twins. If you remember hearing, "Hold Me Now" on the radio back then, and you tapped your foot to it and found its chorus sticking in your brain, then spend a few bucks to get this CD (from Amazon.com or wherever) and listen to it (and their other tunes) again through your headphones. I think you'll be amazed at how deliciously all the effects and reverb are painted against a background of velvety silence, as well as by their individual (and electronically massed) voices.

Keep listening and keep smilin'!
Kev
Well, I am obviously going way back in this thread looking for new music and trying to work my way to the front. The Thompson twins are also one of my favorite bands of the 80s. Saw them at the Dallas Fairpark outdoor amphitheater in 1984 with a little ER nurse named Margaret. Aahhh, memories. Own all of their albums on original pristine vinyl. I still listen to them repeatedly to this day. Just a great, great band.

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #97,882 of 136,877
Well, I am obviously going way back in this thread looking for new music and trying to work my way to the front. The Thompson twins are also one of my favorite bands of the 80s. Saw them at the Dallas Fairpark outdoor amphitheater in 1984 with a little ER nurse named Margaret. Aahhh, memories. Own all of their albums on original pristine vinyl. I still listen to them repeatedly to this day. Just a great, great band.
I remember Hold Me Now :beyersmile:
Listening to it now on Qobuz for the first time in well over 35 years!
It sounds great!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #97,883 of 136,877
Listened via Qobuz Hi Res a few days back. Sounded good but it had some of the flattest live Stones I've heard. Gimme Shelter was lame to my ears and I think I've heard it live at least 10 times over the years. Last time in Denver with my 45 and 42 year old kids who'd never seen them before.
lki.PNG

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #97,884 of 136,877
I have never seen The Stones live but thought the live version of Gimme Shelter on here was awful; both the recording quality and playing.
I much prefer the studio version on Let it Bleed.
My favourite live Stones album is ‘Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out‘
Dating myself, but Let It Bleed and Beggar's Banquet since I first heard them in the '60's are my faves. Used to buy all my LP's on Armitage St. in Chicago back then, they were cheapest around. Heard they were connected...Anyway, when I bought Abbey Road he told me the new Stones coming was great as well. He was right, Let It Bleed still does it for me. Can't Always Get What You Want and Gimme Shelter are 2 all time favorites.

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #97,887 of 136,877
Getting it on with some old school Funk

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #97,888 of 136,877
Very nice sounding album
james carter.PNG

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #97,889 of 136,877
Funk
funk.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back