What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 15, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #86,521 of 136,150
79RS Gang - Fire on the Bayou

On a lark I picked this up at a record store in New Orleans. I think I picked it up based solely on the cover art. Or maybe my wife handed it to me. I can't remember.

Les Troubadours du Roi Baudouin - Missa Luba

I could have sworn my grandfather used to listen to this on occasion. Bought it several months ago and have never listened to it until tonight. I recognized the cover, anyway, but I didn't recognize any of the music.

Domingo Cura - Tiempo de Percusíon

There used to be a weird little record store nearby and the owner recommended this album to me because I like drums and percussion. I listened to it a couple times and set it aside for the last few years, thinking it had a weird muted and distant sound. I guess that's true compared to, say, Jaki Liebezeit, but holy crap is there some good drumming here. Weird and eclectic music (Latin, jazzy, funky), and the percussion is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #86,523 of 136,150

I guess you will always love the music you found when you were 16 ,and Pink Floyd Animals was my obsession at that age .

Not only was it a great Album but also one of the best concerts ever although add LSD and a burning Pig how could it be anything else

My favorite Floyd album ...saw a concert in Cleveland, Ohio

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #86,524 of 136,150
BA458081-98D7-4FA8-A91A-06590ADB1873.png

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #86,527 of 136,150
My favorite Floyd album ...saw a concert in Cleveland, Ohio

I saw the "Animals" tour at the Spectrum in Philadelphia PA. 1976. Awesome, awesome concert...the whole "Animals" album, intermission, the whole "Wish You Were Here" album, encore much of "Dark Side."

Apr 15, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #86,532 of 136,150
Cover Up.jpg
Cool upbeat "West Coast" jazz covers of non-traditional music e.g. Bill Withers' Use Me.
Terrific rhythm section, some horns, some vocals (provided by Courtney Lemmon).

Santana.jpg
The 18th studio album by Carlos and his band with some guests, released in 1999.
HD800 ---> :)

Apr 15, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #86,534 of 136,150
Ya this one was in my previous post but damn do I like it. It's like electronica's version of the blues. Amazing how much the genre has improved over the years, it's no longer just club beats set on a metronome. It's so varied now it feels almost disingenuous classifying a song though this one is actually labeled under alternative.

NEFFEX has also improved over the years.

This song came up in the restaurant I was in last night. Always a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back