What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 26, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #60,828 of 136,062
MUDD1635.JPG

May 26, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #60,829 of 136,062

Swans - The Seer
Actually listened to this today. I was gonna post about it, but look like you beat me to it 
tongue_smile.gif
. Only way to describe this album is epic. I like it a lot, I like it better than To Be Kind, which can get a little dull at certain points in my opinion. 

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (Remastered)
This album is awesome. Everything has kind of already been said about this album, So I'll refrain from 
deadhorse.gif

Radiohead - OK Computer
Another classic album like Loveless. Again, everything has really already been said about this one too so... But this is one of my favorite albums, would be at or very close to the top of my list if I ever made one. In my opinion this is radioheads best album. I think a lot of their later stuff is a little overrated (please don't flame me for that one). I love it I think it's fantastic, but I think this is sort of their Magnum Opus. I'm probably only saying that because I only really discovered these guys several months ago. Hopefully this album and the Bends get remastered at some point (especially the Bends, that album could definitely use a remaster). Or has EMI already done that? Wouldn't surprise me. Let me know if they already have and I missed it. Sorry for ranting I do that but I don't fee like revising it so uh, sorry.

May 26, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #60,831 of 136,062

May 27, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #60,832 of 136,062

May 27, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #60,834 of 136,062

Van the Man's "Bright Side of the Road".

It is just plain impossible to listen to this song without it bringing a smile to your face.

May 27, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #60,840 of 136,062
This was finally reissued in multiple formats in 2012, but I'd had trouble finding a copy until an unopened one turned up at a record store I rarely find my way over to. I guess I should head that way more often if they have gems like these hiding away every day. This album is one of the most groundbreaking experimental rock albums of all time, the result of a 1970 collaborative studio session between John Cale of The Velvet Underground and minimalist Indian classical/jazz composer Terry Riley, both of whom are still living today. This is the kind of album that comes up in art history courses often as a prime example of experimental music in the age of rock, and it still sounds fresh and exciting today.

Church of Anthrax by John Cale and Terry Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back