What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 27, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #60,197 of 136,225

My Morning Jacket - Okonokos Live

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #60,198 of 136,225
Today has been sort of off. 
I've barraged myself with old discogs I've had for a while and never started, or finished.

So, what have I listened to today?

The Mayan Factor - In Lake 'Ch
"Honestly, I'm still not impressed after listening to Modern Alternative Reverb Rock.
This was played off well, but Acoustic sections in this leave more for fans to desire, from a band that has more weight on their shoulders via their fan base than any other Alternative Progressive Rock I know, disregarding Rush.
As mentioned, and over said several times, Sludgy Sludgy Sludge painted the texture of the album and makes you feel like you're experiencing a Sludge album with a bite, and a chase at Progressive.
Being you're not a fool, and you can extract the True Differences between Indie Alternative, & Indie Pop, Indie Rock, Indie differentials all around, you might just throw a finger up and say "Tool Redone", because well... the influences come out faster than the Blue Sounding bit of Jack White extracted from The White Stripes era.
Be it as it may, if you LOVE Tool, not just; "Oh, Tool is cool..." and appreciate the value of what a cult followed band brings to the table with each release, followed by extracted hatred on others, you'll kindly appreciate it."

Purity Ring - Shrines
"I'm still question the resemblance of this work.
Soft Spoken, M83, & Pure Synth Pop with the edgiest take on Experimental mix in it's classification.
I enjoyed every near Sexual Vocal Experience in this album, and I could definitely say that it's an album for lovemaking. From Crawlersout and it's beautiful picture display of something intimate, to Fineshrine and it's constant begging of clothing tearing in soft pressure. I got quite hot listening to this. My chest puckered and tightly gathered itself with the love notes on this track.
I'm still not sure of the longevity as it begs too less of a promise on second listen.
But if you're down to get hot, and in the mood, I'd recommend this a listen."

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #60,202 of 136,225
Periphery - Clear

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #60,203 of 136,225

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #60,204 of 136,225
220px-Al_farside.jpg

Jimmy Buffett -  Far Side of the World

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #60,205 of 136,225
This is one of my absolute favorite albums so far this year.  What a great sound...

From the album... 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 28, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #60,207 of 136,225
YES!  Excellent album!  I have the original on vinyl and CD and a couple years ago acquired the rereleases an all formats.  

Too bad half those guys are dead.

Watching the DVD is great but, man did Skerik go too far with his horn.

"Layne Staley felt as though he was on a spiritual mission through his music. Not a rock mission, a spiritual mission."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back