What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 28, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #60,227 of 136,235

Red Seas Fire - Exposition

Red Seas Fire - Confrontation

Red Seas Fire - Resolution

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #60,229 of 136,235

Dope Body - Nupping
"Today I finally pulled this out of my SD Card for a listen.
And after sampling a few tastes a while back, I scared myself from it.
This album is ******** great!
I see a bunch of Lightning Bolt hidden in a bunch of the High Textured Guitars, with the loud Noise Rock Scream to them. Hard to describe. Just very Electronic Sounding compared to other Rock Subgenres. A few Blind Melon influences decorate Vocal melodies, with the intent of feeling locked to a roof, cuffed and hanging for ages, and finally loosing temper after being force fed drugs during that time, you reach an impulsing high that causes immense screaming in you, and tears you to open and start vocalizing the feelings you've felt while forced there.
Some of the drum work here is limitless, it seems let out of the gate with fiery ambition. I haven't ever heard drum beats like this, though they are kind of played at random, it definitely helps you captivate the struggle the poor soul is experiencing.
Noise Rock fans who are dedicated should at least sample it, otherwise, if you enjoy all around Lightning Bolt styled Noise Rock, you'd probably appreciate small bits of instrumentation from it."

Dope Body - Natural History
"I wish I could say a lot about this.
Things I liked? Shook is great! It has a Mercury Rev feeling to it, from the sway in the vocals, and production quality being very relaxed.
That helped me appreciate the pace on the track, but I wasn't over ecstatic about the full album.
It's definitely got a Proto-Grunge edge to it that makes it sound a bit historic.
I really can't put a finger on this album.
Definitely an experience to smoke to, might have to try!
rolleyes.gif

Atmosphere seemed to be something important to theming on this album.
Road Dog was a brighter, more happier, and young feeling track on this album. With the glance at a gloomy sun beaten summer day feeling song.

All in all, take it for what you will, if you like my description, give it a listen!"

That's all for today, I'm gonna give "Lifer" a listen, and if I enjoy it, I'm gonna check out the other bands their members came from, and report back.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #60,234 of 136,235

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O.
Got this CD in today. I really like it. I find it better than Lift Your Skinny Fists and F# A#, I never really enjoyed the long ambient gaps between the instrumental builds. This one is more upbeat, very little ambient gaps, far more and longer build-ups, and none of those strange field recordings. I love it, purely instrumental.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #60,235 of 136,235

The Decemberists  - The Crane Wife

Blur - The Magic Whip

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #60,237 of 136,235

Apr 29, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #60,240 of 136,235

I'm listening to Diana Krall "All for You- a tribute to the Nat King Cole Trio." On one of those old fashioned silvery discs. :)

I picked this up for $1 a few weeks ago and haven't given it a serious listen when I wasn't falling asleep.

The Magic Whip by Blur

Was just coming to post this and another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back