What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 2, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #59,596 of 136,232

I got the new remastered two disc version today. One disc is a remaster of the original 1/2" analog tapes it was recorded on, the other is the original DAT master. Both sound fantastic.
However the remaster sounds barely any different from the original, I wasn't really expecting that. *But*, it feels different. I can't explain it really, but the remastered copy feels more... Lifelike? The original master is like an in your head experience, while the remaster feels like there's people there that really made this album. Strange. This album though. Wow. I love it so much, don't want to call is flawless, but no other album has successfully been better, much less replicated it well. 

I wish someone would make remastered version of Curve - Cuckoo. It is somewhat similar style/sound. I have perfect condition CD in my collection but unfortunately this album didn`t get great mastering/mixing it needed. But still, really recommended to listen!

And now... something really special I recommend to listen - Martin Grech - Unholy & Open Heart Zoo albums:

Can be heard on bandcamp: http://martingrech.bandcamp.com/album/unholy & http://martingrech.bandcamp.com/album/open-heart-zoo

I still have not found anything similar to this amazing artist! Just crazy good stuff...

I even bought his demo songs collection off from myspace... even demos are just mind-blowing!

I remember when I first listened to his work... I kind of got shock and put it off. Then one day, I put on headphones, relaxed on couch and listened from start to end... and since then one of my favourites ever!

Apr 2, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #59,597 of 136,232
paper_airplane.jpg

Cover of "Dimming Of The Day" is worth the price of admission for the entire album. 

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #59,601 of 136,232

Tears For Fears - Shout
Songs From The Big Chair (1985)

This album came out a couple of years before I was even born, recently at work I heard this song and was hooked right away. Fantastic stuff, I bought the 2014 vinyl reissue and it has been the only LP on my turntable the past couple of days! :)

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #59,602 of 136,232
  Tears For Fears - Shout

This album came out a couple of years before I was even born, recently at work I heard this song and was hooked right away. Fantastic stuff, I bought the 2014 vinyl reissue and it has been the only LP on my turntable the past couple of days! :)

Thanks for making me feel old - a former girlfriend of mine appeared on the same children's TV programme as TFF, when they were promoting that very same single. 
mad.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #59,604 of 136,232

Tears For Fears - Shout

The 80's are an under-rated decade in terms of music. I was 15 years old then. Know Tears for Fears' work very well. Great stuff.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #59,607 of 136,232
71jxpq0Lk5L._SL1080_.jpg

81Oqy122AQL._SX425_.jpg
61UxSngjZDL.jpg

71gu-Uu984L._SL1000_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back