What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 27, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #55,293 of 137,286

Carducci String Quartet - Glass: String Quartets nos. 1-4

First time hearing Glass's string quartets. Mishima sounds amazing.

Edit: Interesting, the first quartet reminds me a bit of the string quartet by John Cage. I'm intrigued.

Burzum - From the Depths of Darkness

I already owned this album on colored vinyl, but today I finally completed my Burzum CD collection by acquiring this record on CD – at least until the next album comes out. I'm typically opposed to compilations, but since this one consists of re-recordings of Varg's personal favorites from the first two Burzum albums, I finally decided to give it a quick preview on Spotify about a year ago and instantly knew I wanted to add it to my collection. Despite how much many Burzum fans seem to love the first two records, I always only liked about half of the tracks, so this album is perfect for me.

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #55,294 of 137,286
  It's not quite as innovative or as catchy as their first album, but it's still a solid and well-produced piece of work nonetheless. I'm looking forward to the band's next release, and I'm glad that popularity hasn't changed their sound too much.

This Is All Yours by alt-J

This is pretty darn good.  Will have to check out their first album.
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #55,298 of 137,286
  I don't think its well produced. The album sounds dodgy in places. I am going to see them live tonight - hope the gig is a good one

It's not as good as their last effort in the production department, but for an album from a rising popular act it's pretty crisp. Of course it won't be impressive compared to something produced by Steve Lillywhite or Brian Eno, but Charlie Andrew is a producer knows how to balance detail and radio friendliness well, in my opinion.

Where are you seeing them? I'm thinking about getting tickets for one of their Chicago shows later this Fall (despite the absolutely insane prices), so I'd be interested to know if they're good live before putting down all that money.

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #55,300 of 137,286

This is pretty darn good.  Will have to check out their first album.
beerchug.gif

The first album is way better - huge difference 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back