What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #52,757 of 136,275
71HQMnHX%2BML._SL1500_.jpg

71DTJvhjRyL._SL1300_.jpg

This is a great album for people who are luke warm about jazz...lots of variety-great mix of styles for an engaging listen....in a sort of singer songwriter mode-folk, rock, blues, jazz, country, African influences.....

71he21lEaoL._SL1000_.jpg

For rockers only
atsmile.gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #52,764 of 136,275
Most excellent guitar work and a sharp, clean recording!

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #52,765 of 136,275
Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-II-Deluxe-CD-Edition.jpg

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #52,767 of 136,275

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #52,770 of 136,275

Sonm1451 - Ruis
https://slaapwel.bandcamp.com/album/ruis

My Lord..
eek.gif

This is good...

The album is indeed excellent. Thanks for reminding me to perhaps finally purchase it one of these days instead of just letting it sit in my wish list on Bandcamp.

This album is one of the reasonably few, and definitely the best-known, recorded performances of the American pianist Walter Norris. He is most certainly quite an interesting person. I would recommend doing some reading on him and perhaps checking out some of his other recordings. The posthumously released live album The Last Set: Live at the A-Trane with the shining Polish jazz pianist Leszek Możdżer is probably as good a place as any to get started. Two tracks from that below to give you an idea.

Currently listening to:

ゆに (Yuni) - Umbrella

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin

The new 2014 vinyl reissue. I got this last Friday and decided to give it a spin today. Despite really trying and owning the majority of Led Zeppelin's output, I've never managed to really enjoy their music. I like Achilles Last Stand and Ten Years Gone, but that's about it. I decided to get their debut on vinyl in the hopes that one day LZ might find their way into my life.

For those wondering about the reissue, this is a very high quality pressing made available for a very affordable price. The sounds is very clear and I can't think of a reason for an LZ fan to pass on this very well produced re-release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back