Nicholas Angelich, piano

J. S. Bach'O Ewigkeit, du Donnerwort', BWV 20
Daniel Taylor, countertenor
Mark Padmore, tenor
Peter Kooy, bass
Collegium Vocale Ghent/Philippe Herreweghe

May 15, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #52,294 of 136,273

AVTechNO! - CORE

I'm always astounded how I every time forget how ridiculously good this album is.

May 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #52,295 of 136,273
  The Psychedelic Furs - The Psychedelic Furs (1980)

In the midst of punk rock, The Psychedelic Furs turned in an album that somehow aligned them with what was going on at the time, but also took it in a completely different direction. It was only 1980, and it proved to be one of the best records of the decade! A true classic!

Definitely one of the best bands and best albums to ever hit the genre, no doubt.

May 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #52,297 of 136,273
I'm not listening to anything at the moment, but I'm packing my bags to drive down the Hangout Music Festival later tonight, with concerts starting this afternoon. The artists I'm seeing are as follows, with well-known acts bolded:

Empires
Black Lips
Bronze Radio Return
Ingrid Michaelson
Dawes
The 1975
Wild Cub
Conor Oberst
The Black Keys
Desert Noises
The Black Cadillacs
Shakey Graves
Amos Lee
Matt and Kim
Modest Mouse
The Flaming Lips
The Killers
Josh Farrow
Tom Odell
Ethan Tucker
Reignwolf
Capital Cities
Portugal, the Man
The Avett Brothers
Jack Johnson

I'm bringing earplugs along and a big water bottle as well, but I'm still likely to come back deaf and dehydrated each night when concerts end.

May 15, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #52,300 of 136,273
  Heard about this one, you think its good?

So far I'm liking it very much.  It's my introduction to these works so I have nothing to compare these performances with.  Sound is very good.  Tempi tend to be slower than usual according to the review I read that's why it stretches to 2 discs.

May 16, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #52,305 of 136,273
  I'm not listening to anything at the moment, but I'm packing my bags to drive down the Hangout Music Festival later tonight, with concerts starting this afternoon. The artists I'm seeing are as follows, with well-known acts bolded:

Empires
Black Lips
Bronze Radio Return
Ingrid Michaelson
Dawes
The 1975
Wild Cub
Conor Oberst
The Black Keys
Desert Noises
The Black Cadillacs
Shakey Graves
Amos Lee
Matt and Kim
Modest Mouse
The Flaming Lips
The Killers
Josh Farrow
Tom Odell
Ethan Tucker
Reignwolf
Capital Cities
Portugal, the Man
The Avett Brothers
Jack Johnson

I'm bringing earplugs along and a big water bottle as well, but I'm still likely to come back deaf and dehydrated each night when concerts end.

That's quite a line-up! I'm envious. I'd add "Portugal, the  Man" to the bold list. They are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back