What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 6, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #49,908 of 136,252
  Sonny Rollins' There Will Never Be Another You from the same titled album. Just killer.

It's a beautiful Thursday evening way out west. Perhaps, you'll take us through and paint the scene for us inside your listening room with Rollins...
popcorn.gif

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #49,909 of 136,252

Centipede Hz by Animal Collective

If I had to use one word to describe this album, I'd probably choose the word frenetic. It's fast-paced, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, it's filled with electronic samples made into rhythms, and unlike some other Animal Collective albums, all that noise doesn't really resolve into a cohesive sound by the end of the song, choosing instead to layer over each piece to add to its controlled, shouty sound. It's different, but I still enjoy it.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #49,920 of 136,252
Run from Vampire Weekend's second release Contra. Purchased from hdtracks.

Is the master good enough or different enough to warrant purchasing the HDTracks version over the Red Book CD?

>Clip+/HA-FX700<

This was actually the last R.E.M. album that I bought (though there are still more in my future, since I still don't have Eponymous, Reckoning, or Around the Sun on CD) when I picked it up at a local record store last weekend. Good choice, and one of my favorites that they've made. I believe that New Adventures in Hi-Fi is probably also my R.E.M. favorite album art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back