What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #47,972 of 136,171

Janne Svensson - Hem till söder

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #47,973 of 136,171
This is one of my Top 10. 

Breathtaking performances on upright and electric bass compiled from the Trio, Duets and Trios trilogy.  The production is stellar and I particularly enjoy the clarity and virtuosity of Trios and Duets.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 3, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #47,978 of 136,171
I'm having a Kansas flashback.

I don't know why. I saw something somewhere. A very old brain cell came to life, and remembered a concert I went to - by myself - circa 1982, at the Universal Amphitheater in LA. I don't remember why now, but for some reason I went to the concert by myself. If you buy a single seat, sometimes you can get a Really Good Seat. I think I was 10 rows back, if memory serves. When you're that close, you don't need to stand up for 2 hours lol. Oddly enough, there was an archive of Kansas concerts online somewhere, and I confirmed the date - Oct.20.1982 - this was the only concert that Elefante was the lead singer on, at that particular venue. So that must have been the date. 31+ years ago. I love the Internet.

I searched YouTube. I found a concert from that time period. What a joy! John Elefante was singing at this point in time, I clearly remember him as the front man. This was the same tour. Well, ok, Kansas did an awful lot of touring. To the extent that it wore out certain band members.

These guys are Good. This is an amazing concert. To this day I marvel at the musical ability of these guys. I downloaded about 10 Kansas songs and made myself a new playlist last night lol. It's worth the trip, if you're interested...

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #47,981 of 136,171

Chick Corea "The Vigil"

Melissa Laveaux "Dying is a wild night"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back