What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 30, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #130,516 of 137,634
Yes, "Goodbye Stranger" is by far too the best song of the Breakfast, yes šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜‰

About the Supertramp albums, my second favourite next to COTC is "Crisis what crisis". Then "Breakfast in America". Then "Even in the quietest moments"... šŸ„°

But, the eponymous song... Is among my Supertramp favourites ever šŸ¤˜
Still trying to collect all of their CDs, I'll look for "Crisis what Crisis" next :).

I think my second favorite album would have to be "Famous last words", great album by them. Some songs are better than others though.

Nov 30, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #130,517 of 137,634
"This will be, no holiday camp...Introducing DRILLS, Parades and Inspections...
Life shall be conducted at a brisk tempo...Lights out at 9:30PM, sharp" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(excerpted from: "The Garden of England")

Rafferty's album above is a personally nostalgic favorite though totally lacking in the fine sound quality of
Lee Ritenour's "Six String Theory" and it's Blues toonz where you can feel the emotions and terrific bass line(s) :thumbsup:
That Lee Ritenour album is a blast, and "Six String Theory" is a real competition, or at least it was before the pandemic. Check it out ... https://sixstringtheory.com/

For today: the new Super Deluxe version in 24/96 resolution. I was happy to
see Steven Wilson working on this music ... IMO it's some of the best of Yes.

Yes - The Yes Album.png
Here are the 2023 remaster version vs. the Steven Wilson remix version back-to-back,
for comparison. Mr. Wilson has created a nice balance between the bass/guitar/organ.
He also brought forward some of the "rhythm" playing - keys and acoustic guitar, which
is typically done on remixes (including the Beatles remixes). His remixed versions sound
quite good, to me. Y'all can be the judge! :)

The album version of this song is live, here is Steve's studio version, just released here.

Some 2023 remasters, Steven Wilson remixes, and live tracks from shows in
1971 in Gothenburg, Sweden, and New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #130,518 of 137,634
No doubt at all, easily the best!
Sadly no "Goodbye Stranger", but plenty of other fantastic songs.
What's the Deluxe Edition of Crime of the Century about?

And while I love Crime of The Century, I love Breakfast in America even more. That said, I would not be without either.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #130,520 of 137,634
Toto | Toto IV
1701374214033.png

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #130,522 of 137,634

And while I love Crime of The Century, I love Breakfast in America even more. That said, I would not be without either.
Not sure what you mean, but if you're asking the differences between them. The Deluxe Edition has more songs, Including live versions of some.
Both great albums indeed :)

Nov 30, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #130,525 of 137,634
C3.jpg

FH5.jpg

FH6.jpg

GW1.jpg

^ "Target" CD ripped to FLAC

Folder.jpg

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #130,526 of 137,634

Not sure what you mean, but if you're asking the differences between them. The Deluxe Edition has more songs, Including live versions of some.
Both great albums indeed :)
You answered the questioned. Thanks :thumbsup:

Nov 30, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #130,527 of 137,634
Sometimes I like to provide a bit of background to what I'm listening to, especially if it's an unknown album. With that... J's Bee 5 (five) (2002)...
Js Bee 5 album.jpg

Jā€™s Bee is a Japanese group out of Japan, and their music more electro Jazz / future jazz somewhat reminiscent of United Future Organization (UFO), but at a mellower pace. Their sound is almost ethereal at times. In trying to describe their sound, I'd say they're a more futuristic Weather Report in their music stylings.

Jā€™s Bee 5 (five) was the groupā€™s first album, though not widely known. In fact, youā€™d have a hard time finding it during a net search, and only in going to the groupā€™s website > here; would you find it under the nameā€¦ ā€œJā€™s Bee First Album 5(five)ā€. That said, I did find it under their group name - Jā€™s Bee on Discogs, but the album was listed as ā€œUntitled, and without an image, until I remedied it today via edit to include proper title, adding album artwork, and track times. The Discog link now my fixed edits.

I bought it around 2003 as a take a chance CD, and itā€™s been a favorite play of mine since, especially the tracks Floating, Naked, and A.i.n.o.u.t.a. Naked is such a beautiful haunting solo piano piece against the backdrop of electronic programing. I love this piece so much I actually use it as a test track for system sound checks, or when previewing stereo equipment. This is one of those albums you stumbled upon by chance, and it turns out to be a favorite gem.

BTW, you can easily find their Isotope (2013) CD all over the place, and I have it as well, but it does not appeal to me in anyway near what 5 does. Truth be, I rarely play it. That said, and because there are no samples on the net from 5 (five) here an example from Isotope as to what the group is aboutā€¦

From Isotope - Strange Supper...

This is one I really like off the Isotope album.

Nov 30, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #130,530 of 137,634
Soundtrack Friday:
1701393592649.png

Giorgio Moroder - Cat People
1701393684497.png

Hans Zimmer - Dune
1701393759602.png

Daft Punk - TRON Legacy - The Complete Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back