What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #129,933 of 136,649
IMG_2054.jpeg

On my Aful Performer 8’s.

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #129,934 of 136,649
Screenshot_20231115_234807_Spotify.jpg

Joining the club here and taking the new Red and Blue pills from The Beatles.

And like everybody elese, man... I'm amazed at what they're doing with all these new mixes.

Like digging old treasures, polishing and bringing to light. The re-staging of vocals and instruments, the separation, the cleanliness... amazing.

I'm a big Beatles fan and "Abbey Road" is my all-time all-genre favorite album.

I was never very fond of "Yesterday" maybe because it is so popular. I know... it is like saying you're a Da Vinci fan but you don't like Mona Lisa. But listening to "Yesterday" on this 2023 mix on headphones brings shivers down my spine and raises hairs on my arms. It is so intimate and you can hear so many nuances in the vocals that weren't there in the 2009 remaster, it is amazing... Just compare the two, you'll see what I mean.
Socks.png

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #129,936 of 136,649

And like everybody elese, man... I'm amazed at what they're doing with all these new mixes.

Like digging old treasures, polishing and bringing to light. The re-staging of vocals and instruments, the separation, the cleanliness... amazing.

I was never very fond of "Yesterday" maybe because it is so popular. I know... it is like saying you're a Da Vinci fan but you don't like Mona Lisa. But listening to "Yesterday" on this 2023 mix on headphones brings shivers down my spine and raises hairs on my arms. It is so intimate and you can hear so many nuances in the vocals that weren't there in the 2009 remaster, it is amazing... Just compare the two, you'll see what I mean.
Socks.png
I liked what they did with the red album a lot. I listened to the first LP of the blue one last night, and wow, those are some pretty weird mixes - 'I Am The Walrus' most of all, but the others as well...

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #129,939 of 136,649

Socks.png
It's a clean machine(Penny Lane) and I am the Walrus offa the Blue Album are highlights for me - Now the Red (sticking to the post), I agree, I remember those songs playing on my dads AM radio while innocently holding hands with my 9 y.o. friend in the back seat, singing along, "I want to hold your hand" giggling happily...lol

The fidelity is just
extraordinary thanks to the 5th Beatle Mister Martin & the engineers.
What a great time to be alive hearing the boys musicianship.

I'm not at all a big
merchandise guy but I'm thinking, I need those sox :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunglasses:

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #129,940 of 136,649
1700093939101.png

Marianne Faithfull - A Perfect Stranger -The Island Anthology
1700094100549.png

Manfred Mann - Singles In The Sixties
1700094294669.png

Magic Carpet - Magic Carpet

Nov 15, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #129,943 of 136,649
Chris Stapleton- From A Room Volume 1
IMG_1639.jpeg

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes
IMG_1642.jpeg