What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 15, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #129,916 of 136,771
Good morning friends,
My very 1st post here,
A budding audiophile since last 2 months.
I'am currently listening to music on my Oneplus 7 Pro using CCA NRA & Salnotes Zero.
Planning to upgrade my iems, torn between Simgot EW200, Etymotic ER2XR, Letshuoer S12 Pro.
Also planning to buy a portable dac in near future...mostly Fosi DS1 as it offers 4.4mm balanced output.

Please guide me in selecting the appropriate iem from above, also feel free to suggest other than above ones.
Thank you all in advance.
You all rock.

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #129,917 of 136,771
Fairport Convemtion.jpg
Donovan.jpg

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #129,918 of 136,771
Good morning friends,
My very 1st post here,
I'am currently listening to music on my Oneplus 7 Pro using CCA NRA & Salnotes Zero.
Planning to upgrade my iems, torn between Simgot EW200, Etymotic ER2XR, Letshuoer S12 Pro.
Also planning to buy a portable dac in near future...mostly Fosi DS1 as it offers 4.4mm balanced output.

Please guide me in selecting the appropriate iem from above, also feel free to suggest other than above ones.
You all rock.
Hi @STRATEGIST! This thread is about what music you're listening to each day, which helps others find good releases / tracks to check out. For suggestions on new gear, try this forum linked below. I used that one to get some ideas for my first IEM as well, and the people in there are very helpful.
https://www.head-fi.org/forums/introductions-help-and-recommendations.7840/

Nov 15, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #129,919 of 136,771
Good morning friends,
My very 1st post here,

You all rock.
Welcome to Head-Fi and happy listening. I see that @GlenAppleton has advised on finding IEM suggestions, well done.

For today:
Chris Stapleton - Higher.png
The producer is Dave Cobb who also plays guitars on the album. I suspect
it was recorded in RCA Studio A where Chris has done his last four albums.

Christone Ingram - Live in London.png
My 3rd time listening to this album - it's the kind of performance that gets
better with age. Addicting, what?

Soft Machine - Other Doors.png

New Chris Stapleton ... the best blues singer around Nashville these days!
Thanks to @Ableza for the Soft Machine suggestion. HD800 ~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #129,920 of 136,771
Nov 15, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #129,921 of 136,771
Welcome to Head-Fi and happy listening. I see that @GlenAppleton has advised on finding IEM suggestions, well done.

For today:
Chris Stapleton - Higher.png
Christone Ingram - Live in London.png
Soft Machine - Other Doors.png
New Chris Stapleton ... the best blues singer around Nashville these days!
Thanks to @Ableza for the Soft Machine suggestion. HD800 ~~~~~~> :)
Thank you for the welcome @RCBinTN

Nov 15, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #129,922 of 136,771
Thank you for the welcome @RCBinTN
You bet, my pleasure. Here's a tip about this thread: try to limit the number of your posts each day. With so many folks posting these days, it gets a bit long. A good technique, as you listen to more music, is to edit your first post with the additional musical suggestions. And, good luck finding those new IEMs ...

Nov 15, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #129,925 of 136,771
Now listening to Return To Forever Romantic Warrior (Columbia 1976). This is the Japanese Blu-Spec 2 edition.

Return To Forever Romantic Warrior -v2.jpg

Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior:
  • Chick Corea – acoustic piano, Fender Rhodes electric piano, Hohner Clavinet, Yamaha YC45d organ, synthesizers (ARP Odyssey, Micromoog, Minimoog, Moog 15 modular, Polymoog), marimba, percussion
  • Al Di Meola – electric guitars, acoustic guitar, soprano guitar, handbells, slide whistle
  • Stanley Clarke – Alembic electric bass with Instant Flanger, piccolo bass, acoustic bass, bell tree, handbells
  • Lenny White – drums, timpani, congas, timbales, snare drums, suspended cymbals, alarm clock, handbells
This far more Jazz Rock than the Chick Corea Return To Forever album I posted earlier, so this is definitely for the rockers. I really like this one through and through, but my fav is Duel of The Jester and The Tyrant. It's a great album to be heard.

BTW, I just ordered their Light as a Feather album (didn't have that one) from Amazon (SHM edition). Will be here next week.

MDEtMzI5Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Nov 15, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #129,926 of 136,771
Mi0yODE0LmpwZWc.jpeg

OS5qcGVn.jpeg

John Barry, Shirley Bassey
Another great one was Tom Jones singing 'Thunderball'.... Between he and Shirley, they seem to have liked BIG voiced Welsh singers....

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #129,929 of 136,771
1000004568.png

A bit of a mixed bag to my taste. Some phenomenal tracks on there, like Dance of the Obscure and Turn it Up, but also a few tracks that fall out of my taste.
But an interesting listen overall 👍

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #129,930 of 136,771
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back