What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 7, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #101,447 of 136,532
812mtvybEwL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Feb 7, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #101,448 of 136,532
main.jpg

It is one of my favourite recordings of Bartók's Miraculous Mandarin and Concerto for Orchestra. It is the Miraculous Mandarin that I'm listening to now on Idagio. I first encountered the Miraculous Mandarin (the piece of music you understand, not the actual mandarin) in the 70s when I was a teenager. I have found it to be a piece that I keep returning to. It captures the weird ****ed-up-ness of how we live in cities better than anything else I know. I think it is primarily about our dissociated emotions and neuroticism.

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #101,454 of 136,532

Mastered by Christopher Leary aka Ochre..

Nothing wrong with being homesick sometimes........ Happy listenings... :pensive::kissing_closed_eyes:

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #101,456 of 136,532
I'm old and my favorite period music (70's-early 80's) is long gone (but have it all on vinyl). Can anyone recommend current boogie or rock bands along the likes of Foghat/Nazareth/Aerosmith/Foreigner/ZZ and other bands of that era? Looking for some toe-tappin', get up and dance stuff. Constantly searching today's stuff to no avail, even tho I look for and listen to current music from a bunch of places. Any help appreciated. Streaming algorithms are letting me down. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #101,458 of 136,532
I'm old and my favorite period music (70's-early 80's) is long gone (but have it all on vinyl). Can anyone recommend current boogie or rock bands along the likes of Foghat/Nazareth/Aerosmith/Foreigner/ZZ and other bands of that era? Looking for some toe-tappin', get up and dance stuff. Constantly searching today's stuff to no avail, even tho I look for and listen to current music from a bunch of places. Any help appreciated. Streaming algorithms are letting me down. Thanks.

The Black Keys, The White Stripes (Jack White - Dead Weather, The Reconteurs), Joe Bonamassa, just heard "Larkin Poe" for the first time yesterday, they were rockin'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back