What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 17, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #89,941 of 136,001
51ZeSvM4x8L.jpg

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #89,945 of 136,001
willie.jpg
Willie's 18th studio album, released in 1975. The first album after he broke with
RCA / Chet Atkins & the Nashville Sound to sign with Columbia Records who gave
him full control of his production. This album helped to start the Outlaw Country
genre, where Willie has stayed for the last 44 years. His later albums aren't much
like "country" at all, see below. Willie's wife Connie was instrumental in this album's
concept, and she provides sweet keys via a Boesendorfer concert grand piano.

Willie Nelson - Milk Cow Blues © 2000.jpg
Willie's 48th (!) studio album, released in 2000. Delightful blues from the redheaded
nylon string picker. Guests include BB King, Keb' Mo', Dr. John, Francine Reed,
Jonny Lang, Susan Tedeschi and KWS. One of my favorite blues albums by any artist.

Willie Nelson - Live and Kickin'.jpg
A live album to celebrate Willie's 70th birthday. Many cool friends join and jam.

HD800 ----> :)

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #89,946 of 136,001
I'm obsessed with Sierra Ferrell. Fellow headphone enthusiast Dolphus Ramseur (who manages the Avett Brothers and others) recently signed Ms. Ferrell. Before he signed her, he shared this video link on Facebook, and I haven't been able to stop listening to this young lady since.

Thanks for the recommendation, Dolph, and congratulations on signing Sierra! And congratulations to Sierra for being one of the latest artists to sign with Rounder Records.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #89,947 of 136,001
I'm obsessed with Sierra Ferrell. Fellow headphone enthusiast Dolphus Ramseur (who manages the Avett Brothers and others) recently signed Ms. Ferrell. Before he signed her, he shared this video link on Facebook, and I haven't been able to stop listening to this young lady since.

Thanks for the recommendation, Dolph, and congratulations on signing Sierra! And congratulations to Sierra for being one of the latest artists to sign with Rounder Records.

Wow mates, a freaking music post by the founder of Head-Fi. Thanks Jude ... keep 'em coming, mate. We post new or favorite music here every day.
:)

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #89,948 of 136,001

I was just watching the History of Country music on PBS, and it is so wonderful to hear a new artist that is very reminiscent of music that rose in the south in the early 1900's from a blending of black and white musicians that played music passed down for generations through their families. What a refreshing artist Ms Ferrell is! Love it!

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #89,949 of 136,001
I was just watching the History of Country music on PBS, and it is so wonderful to hear a new artist that is very reminiscent of music that rose in the south in the early 1900's from a blending of black and white musicians that played music passed down for generations through their families. What a refreshing artist Ms Ferrell is! Love it!
+1 one to that ... excellent. We also watched the Ryman concert last week that was a kick-off. Good to see real music getting its just due :)

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #89,952 of 136,001
The-Offering-Home-01-500x500.jpg
81nUlyIdo6L._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #89,955 of 136,001
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back