What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 3, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #81,346 of 136,828
2zi7e4o.jpg
2rh36m9.jpg

16jn5at.jpg
2qk5lea.jpg

Aug 3, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #81,353 of 136,828
I don't recall anyone ever posting Manowar since I've been on head-fi. Not a huge fan of them, but they've got a few good tunes.
I have been a fan for thirty years. I first discovered them in high school. The only band that I have enjoyed more, and for longer, would be Iron Maiden. They actually are from Auburn NY which is about an hour from where I live, though, unfortunately, I have never been able to see them live. I had tickets to a show, back in the eighties, but had to back out. I had friends who went and, on their way back, they were caught in a snow storm and had to stop at a rest stop on the Thruway. While they were waiting the band stopped as well and they got to spend a couple of hours just hanging out with them. The worst part is I don't even remember why I couldn't go.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #81,354 of 136,828
I have been a fan for thirty years. I first discovered them in high school. The only band that I have enjoyed more, and for longer, would be Iron Maiden. They actually are from Auburn NY which is about an hour from where I live, though, unfortunately, I have never been able to see them live. I had tickets to a show, back in the eighties, but had to back out. I had friends who went and, on their way back, they were caught in a snow storm and had to stop at a rest stop on the Thruway. While they were waiting the band stopped as well and they got to spend a couple of hours just hanging out with them. The worst part is I don't even remember why I couldn't go.
I'm definitely a Maiden fan. Fun story your buddies have there and was probably a really cool experience. I read Manowar is retiring, but only doing European tours for it. They haven't toured the states in forever. I like their first few albums, but they fall apart after those IMO. Still a cool band regardless. You should check out Ross the Boss's solo stuff. It's pretty good with a touch of Manowar if you're not familiar with it already.

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #81,356 of 136,828
I'm definitely a Maiden fan. Fun story your buddies have there and was probably a really cool experience. I read Manowar is retiring, but only doing European tours for it. They haven't toured the states in forever. I like their first few albums, but they fall apart after those IMO. Still a cool band regardless. You should check out Ross the Boss's solo stuff. It's pretty good with a touch of Manowar if you're not familiar with it already.
I'll do that. Thanks.

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #81,359 of 136,828
I feel like I want to crank these up to 10 and dance around an open fire in just my pants whilst eating wild boar off a Spit. Yeah, I dunno either :confused:

:flag_no:
:flag_us:
:flag_ca:
:flag_ca:
:flag_se:

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #81,360 of 136,828
R-7949936-1452765892-6225.jpeg.jpg

Steve_Morse_-_1989_-_High_Tension_Wires.jpg

Collective_Soul_Self-Titled.jpg

Steven_Wilson_Hand_Cannot_Erase_cover.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread