shareImage.jpg proxy.php.jpeg

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #76,428 of 136,034
luther a.jpg

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #76,433 of 136,034
Nov 28, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #76,437 of 136,034
rca_lsc-2239.jpg
rca_lsc_vancliburn.jpg

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #76,438 of 136,034
Pål Bråtelund (who used to be with TIDAL and is a consultant for MQA) posted this wonderful TIDAL playlist on Facebook by Mathias Eick, called ECM: Mathias Eick Presents.

From the text:
Mathias Eick (b. 1979 in Norway) studied trumpet and double bass at the Trondheim Music Academy, and for many years, he was a multi-instrumental member of the genre-bending band Jaga Jazzist. For ECM, he has recorded with Jacob Young (Evening Falls, Sideways), Iro Haarla (Northbound, Vespers) and Manu Katché (Playground). ECM: ‘Eick has performed with musicians of many styles from Chick Corea and the Trondheim Jazz Orchestra to Norwegian psychedelic rock band Motorpsycho. As a trumpeter, Eick has absorbed many influences, citing Miles, Clifford Brown, Kenny Wheeler, Tomasz Stanko, Arve Henriksen and Nils Petter Molvær as inspirations, and shaped a language of his own, which incorporates the history of the modern trumpet.’ TIDAL invited Mathias Eick to share some of his ECM favorites: “This music has played a huge role in my life," Eick writes. "Here are some of my biggest heroes and creators of art made on ECM. The list contains some trumpet players, but I’ve strangely enough never thought of them as trumpet players, only as artists with an individual voice. Now that this catalog is available for streaming, I’m rediscovering a lot of moments from my youth, especially Metheny’s ‘First Circle,' which my brother brought home when I was seven years old. We listened to the vinyl. and it hit me hard! Right there, my love for ECM was born. It turned into a dream of once in the future working with Manfred Eicher. 17 years later, it became reality when I took over for Nils Petter Molvær in Jacob Young’s group, and we recorded ‘Evening Falls.' After that, I’ve released ‘The Door’, ‘Skala’ and ‘Midwest.' My new album ‘Ravensburg’ is out March 18. on ECM." (Mathias Eick, November 2017) Photo: Colin Eick

I've been listening to this tonight on repeat on my iPhone, wirelessly to Master & Dynamic MW60 headphones -- it's a beautifully assembled playlist! Thanks, Pål and Mathias!

By the way, as a huge fan of the ECM label and so many of the artists associated with it, their recent decision to stream their catalogue was monumental. I have a lot of ECM albums in my collection, but realize now there is still so much of their catalogue I hadn't yet explored. It's now a nightly journey. You should go on it yourself.

To start, try Mathias Eick's playlist on TIDAL: ECM: Mathias Eick Presents

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #76,439 of 136,034
Pål Bråtelund (who used to be with TIDAL and is a consultant for MQA) posted this wonderful TIDAL playlist on Facebook by Mathias Eick, called ECM: Mathias Eick Presents.

From the text:

I've been listening to this tonight on repeat on my iPhone, wirelessly to Master & Dynamic MW60 headphones -- it's a beautifully assembled playlist! Thanks, Pål and Mathias!

By the way, as a huge fan of the ECM label and so many of the artists associated with it, their recent decision to stream their catalogue was monumental. I have a lot of ECM albums in my collection, but realize now there is still so much of their catalogue I hadn't yet explored. It's now a nightly journey. You should go on it yourself.

To start, try Mathias Eick's playlist on TIDAL: ECM: Mathias Eick Presents

Awesome, thanks! I'm a huge Mathias Eick fan. Midwest is always one of the first albums that goes on any new SD card or DAP.

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #76,440 of 136,034
Awesome video.
Welcome to Head-Fi.
You got any bottles in reserve? Here in Tennessee, we drink (almost) everything.
Cheers or ypa,
RCB
Thank you. Interesting thing that yesterday I was drinking a Tennessee whiskey. Honestly speaking, it`s my favorite one. Your state is very well-renowed across the planet :)

Another popular band from Russia - Leningrad.
https://tidal.com/artist/6115346
The song "In Peter we drink". Main idea of this song is that in Saint Petersubrg (the Russian one) you have to drink (vodka, obviously). According to Leningrad - there are other cities in Russia, but Saint Petersburg is the best place for drinking :)

Another one interesting example of their songs - "Nikola". Nice video in anti-utopia style. In refrain they are begging Saint Nikolai to save them from Rock`n`Roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back