What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 12, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #6,617 of 136,607
(I may have already posted this, so forgive me if so ... it deserves a revisit!)

smily_headphones1.gif

[size=large]Band: Queens of the Stoneage
Album: Lullabies to Paralyze[/size]

B0007QJ1MK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

As with just about *everything* else that get's Josh Homme's stamp of approval ... this is a near masterpiece of off-time, indie/stoner rock greatness.

The best thing about his former band, "Kyuss" ... was HIM!

It's only fitting that since the days of Kyuss, Josh has single handidly spearheaded the birth of, at least two distinct rock entities, Queens of the Stoneage and The Desert Sessions.

Either way ... both very well respected outfits revolve around the same few basic premises:

1) Really sexed out and groovy, stoner-esque guitar work on the part of Homme.

2) Seriously well played, off time drum lines that are never dominant but which are always so "skewed" against the drift of the songs as a whole as to be forever memorable. Joey Castillo was a plain genius addition to Homme's work.

3) Trademark and smooth crooning, near pitch perfect vocals that follow lines one would never expect to hear.

4) A general mood that begs one to imagine he/she is sitting in a smoke filled room with all visitors involved demonstrating near half-naked, casual attire.

:lachen:

Seriously ...

Listen to some of this stuff and you'll agree.

Many decades from now, when the annals of Rock history have been written, Josh Homme and his various crooning joints will be regarded as some of the most definitive and progressive of indie/stoner rock fame.

The guy is a god.

smily_headphones1.gif

hERE'S A rANDOM bIT:

YouTube - I Never Came

Enjoy.

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #6,619 of 136,607
Bad Medicine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back