What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 23, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #57,211 of 137,167

Pretty good solo album by Tom Petty (considering I paid .01 cent for it); produced by Rick Rubin (a very nice change from Jeff Lynn).  Ringo Starr plays drums on Track Eleven "To find a friend".

Listening with HD600, GS-1 & Teac CD/SACD 2000.

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #57,212 of 137,167

Pretty good solo album by Tom Petty (considering I paid .01 cent for it); produced by Rick Rubin (a very nice change from Jeff Lynn).  Ringo Starr plays drums on Track Eleven "To find a friend".

I have every single Petty album....even his stuff with mud crutch......not a bad one from the whole bunch 
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #57,213 of 137,167

I have every single Petty album....even his stuff with mud crutch......not a bad one from the whole bunch 
smile.gif

Hi whirlwind,  I have his "Greatest Hits" album & the Travelling Wilbury's v.1 & 3 & now this one.  I like his music. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #57,217 of 137,167

Original 1979 pressing. 

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #57,218 of 137,167
  Finally getting around to give this a listen:

Do you like it? I've been a life-long fan of Pink Floyd, but stopped after 'Final Cut' (which I don't really care for).

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #57,219 of 137,167

Original 1979 pressing. 

That is sexy...

Do you like it? I've been a life-long fan of Pink Floyd, but stopped after 'Final Cut' (which I don't really care for).

What can I say... It was OK but not my favorite.  Seems like you and me are on the same boat.  Post-Waters albums are probably my least favorite

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #57,220 of 137,167
After getting to know her discography through other people's collections, I've finally purchased a Brandi Carlile album for myself. She was a bit hard to find in Chicago, so I had to wait for a visit back down to Alabama for the holidays so I could stop at one of my old record stores. At the same store, I found a good deal on a new copy of My Morning Jacket's most controversial album, Evil Urges. Coincidentally, both are signed to ATO Records at the moment.

Bear Creek by Brandi Carlile

Evil Urges by My Morning Jacket

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #57,223 of 137,167
smile.gif

I was turned on to TP&THBs at an early age, due to my sister giving me a hand-me-down of the magnificent 'Damn the Torpedoes'. I spent money that ought to have gone on food/rent on completing my collection when I moved to London in the late Eighties. The first video cassette I bought was the VHS of 'Pack up the Plantation' and it was nearly six years before I could afford a machine to play the thing.

Not exactly a bad album, but 'Let me up (I've had enough)' certainly gets significantly less play chez moi than some of his other records.

His latest is excellent, though. Very happy with it.

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #57,225 of 137,167
  After getting to know her discography through other people's collections, I've finally purchased a Brandi Carlile album for myself. She was a bit hard to find in Chicago, so I had to wait for a visit back down to Alabama for the holidays so I could stop at one of my old record stores. At the same store, I found a good deal on a new copy of My Morning Jacket's most controversial album, Evil Urges. Coincidentally, both are signed to ATO Records at the moment.

Bear Creek by Brandi Carlile

Evil Urges by My Morning Jacket

I was on the Amazon Vine programme, and one of the CDs I received for review was Brandi Carlile's first album. I liked it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back