What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 21, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #55,756 of 136,316

My greatest regret in life, well sort of, was selling off about 150 vinyl albums several years ago.  

"Buckingham/Nicks" (what was I thinking), some are impossible to find or expensive to replace, never sell hardcopy music!

At least your son has them.

I don't have a vinyl rig anymore but I still have a few MoFi LPs like Beatles White Album, Led Zep II, Nautilus SuperDiscs Fleetwood Mac Rumours.

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #55,760 of 136,316
As far as former Beatles go, I've always been more of a George Harrison fan. Anyways, here's what's been on rotation that last couple days:

A View of the Sky by Paleo, one of the coolest and most creative albums that I've ever seen come out of Partisan records. It's a singer-songwriter folk album distorted by unique recording techniques techniques and quietly energetic background instrumentation, and every track of the thirteen on the record is better than the last.

Battles Ole by Drums & Tuba

Welcome to the Night Sky by Wintersleep, an album that can go from jam-rock to quiet folk in an instant without you even noticing that anything's changed.

Ulysses by Current Swell

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #55,761 of 136,316
51z3tmwTXnL._SY355_.jpg

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #55,762 of 136,316
Steve Reich and Musicians - Drumming; Six Pianos; Music for Mallet Instruments, Voices and Organ​
 ​
This might sound a bit surprising, but this is actually the first time I'm listening to Drumming. Out of all the recordings out there, this one feels most attractive, but the original 2-CD set was somewhat hard to come by before it was reissued with new artwork in 2012 as part of Deutsche Grammophon's 20C series.
 ​

​
Alternate performances:
 ​

​

​
Also:​

​

​
Moving on to:​
Sub Focus - Sub Focus​

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #55,764 of 136,316

How are you liking it? I got a copy last week, but haven't listened to it yet. I really liked Raising Sand, but I haven't listened to much else from his solo catalog in a long time.

Oct 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #55,765 of 136,316
How are you liking it? I got a copy last week, but haven't listened to it yet. I really liked Raising Sand, but I haven't listened to much else from his solo catalog in a long time.

I really like it, I have come back to listen to it several times since I purchased it. (I wouldn't say that it reminds me of "Raising Sand" which I also liked...) There is a little bluegrass in there, some Led Zeppelin blues, some eastern-influenced, and techno-influenced music as well. I think Plant must have been going for a eclectic collection of sounds that he appreciates, and that have influenced his music throughout his career. The musicianship is notable...let me know what you think after you have given it a listen..

Oct 22, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #55,766 of 136,316

My greatest regret in life, well sort of, was selling off about 150 vinyl albums several years ago.  

"Buckingham/Nicks" (what was I thinking), some are impossible to find or expensive to replace, never sell hardcopy music!

At least your son has them.

Buckingham/Nicks is a damn good album, and there is an alleged 'Disc 2' floating around on the internet. I don't know whether it is, as claimed, the bonus tracks for a cancelled CD reissue, but bogus or not, the tracklist is:
01. Crying In The Night (Single Version);
02. Dont Let Me Down Again (Mono Single Edit);
03. Sorcerer;
04. Garbo;
05. Cathouse Blues;
06. That's Alright;
07. Candlebright (aka Nomad);
08. Without You;
09. Lola My Love (live);
10. Races Are Run (live);
11. Rhiannon (live)

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #55,769 of 136,316