What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #55,127 of 136,346
Just bought a CD two-pack of Todd Rundgren's 'Runt' albums. I had the first on vinyl, but it was 2nd-hand and not in great condition. I had the second on CD already, but this two-pack has both albums, bonus tracks and a leaflet with lyrics and extensive album notes. Now, where's my magnifying glass...?

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #55,129 of 136,346
Sep 18, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #55,132 of 136,346

Very nice....mellow yellow.  I believe this is the first track....

biggrin.gif

HS

Correct. However, the person who posted the video on YT obviously got the cover wrong. 
Callin' from K.C. is a totally different mood album. A nice album, though 
wink_face.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #55,134 of 136,346
Bobo Stenson Trio - Serenity

This is a Jazz album (double CD actually) out from the year 2000. I've had it for quite some time but just today I got to listen to it for the first time.
I was hesitant just a couple of minutes ago of posting this here. It's one of those recordings that have an impact on you. A positive impact, but I quite can't describe exactly what it is. The compositions are extremely deep and touching. Quietly simple but with so much emotional charge that simply leaves you floored. I'm sure to revisit this tomorrow again.

This album reminds me of Keith Jarrett on an interview when asked about what he felt about playing Jazz and Classical Music. I remember him saying something like "Classical is constrictive; Jazz is expansive" and that's why Jazz means so much more to him when playing.

This album is definitevely expansive.

Bobo Stenson — piano
Anders Jormin — bass
Jon Christensen — drums

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #55,135 of 136,346
  Correct. However, the person who posted the video on YT obviously got the cover wrong. 
Callin' from K.C. is a totally different mood album. A nice album, though 
wink_face.gif

yeah...that threw me off at first, but I figured that's what happened once I looked up the songs on the album you posted.

There is one on YT that's another song...great BTW...with the right album cover.  If I remember when I get home, I'll post the vid.

biggrin.gif

HS

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #55,140 of 136,346

Users who are viewing this thread

Back