What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #54,108 of 136,023

They recorded this record in 2 days

In jr high school this record was it
At one point it was all me and my stoner pals listened to
( think half that 70's show and half Beavis and butthead)

Didn't get to see 'em live till the heaven and hell tour
Still pretty good w/dio

I like this source
Very clean no excess reverb or bass

Geezer and Bill's interplay is amazing
And ozzy's voice is superb
And tony is only setting the style for all metal
In his book he writes about how he did it unintentionally
After losing 2 fingers he learned to play smaller chords
And quick leads on the high strings

No way! I listened to that for the first time like 10 hours ago haha.   Japanese  Sabbath masters are great
beerchug.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #54,109 of 136,023
Quote:
They recorded this record in 2 days

In jr high school this record was it

I saw them in jr high in Hawaii. The same year with Blue Cheer and Blind Faith and Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. My homework suffered...

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #54,110 of 136,023
Quote:

I saw them in jr high in Hawaii. The same year with Blue Cheer and Blind Faith and Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. My homework suffered...

That sounds like a much better time to live in the islands than when I grew up there. We had no one. If anyone did show up, it sold out immediately. Always on Oahu, too. They had Britney Spears play a free show when I was In high school. Who else...Janet Jackson? I think Pantera played there once. Bands have started playing there again recently, but it was pretty bad there for awhile.

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #54,111 of 136,023
Saw the movie, awesome soundtrack as in Awesome Mix tape found in the movie and not the actual musical scores (although I've never heard that album).

Here's the playlist on Spotify: Awesome Mix Vol 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KLF5J64/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00KLF5J64&linkCode=as2&tag=marvelcom-20&linkId=TUEMBR2LDJCYYUW5

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #54,113 of 136,023
That sounds like a much better time to live in the islands than when I grew up there. We had no one. If anyone did show up, it sold out immediately. Always on Oahu, too. They had Britney Spears play a free show when I was In high school. Who else...Janet Jackson? I think Pantera played there once. Bands have started playing there again recently, but it was pretty bad there for awhile.

Why is that? Are venues just not what they used to be? Hawaii haydays it seems judging from the vast spreads of older hotels would be 70s and 80s, yes?

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #54,114 of 136,023
Why is that? Are venues just not what they used to be? Hawaii haydays it seems judging from the vast spreads of older hotels would be 70s and 80s, yes?

Not sure, to be honest. I'd be willing to bet it had something to do with the price of travel there during that period. I'm sure it s not much cheaper now, but maybe venue owners are more willing to shell out the money to attract artists. I always assumed the best place to finish a tour would be in Hawaii, because you could just immediately fly to Maui and start your vacation. Lol.

Looks like we're both in Washington state, so you know there's a better chance of seeing a variety of groups/artists here. Not sure it's worth the weather trade-off though...

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #54,115 of 136,023
The coffee is worth the trade-off. And atm the football and futbol. That's a shame on the artists not making their way out there like before. It just seems like a lot of places in Oahu just needs to be built new again. A lot of worn down looking buildings even though they're still very functional. Could be that more parts of the world visits than Americans or at least more than before? Or has cost of living just gone up along with costs making it more expensive for bands to go? Who knows

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #54,116 of 136,023

I've listened to it with Spotify Premium. Great album! And a friend of mine got a copy of the CD in the mail free for buying tickets to his concert coming up. Anyone have the same experience? Thought it was a nice touch..

The reviews are mainly positive, and in an interview, Tom Petty seemed to indicate that he wasn't too bothered if people bought the album or got it free. He just wanted to get it out there. The whole thing's up on YouTube, and plenty of people know how to download YouTube clips.

Five of the tracks, including 'Fault Lines', are official uploads, each with their own artwork - https://www.youtube.com/user/tompetty/videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back