What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #53,762 of 136,175
^^ edit, hi-def.     
The Beatles Abbey

Released as a Flash drive 24/44, includes all the albums.  
My only beef, only the stereo releases are on it,  the 1st 4 albums are better in mono, as are the singles up until "Rain."
This is significantly better than the original or remastered CD's (16/44). The only comparison I can make is clean vinyl on a high end TT.

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #53,763 of 136,175
My only beef, only the stereo releases are on it,  the 1st 4 albums are better in mono, as are the singles up until "Rain."
This is significantly better than the original or remastered CD's (16/44). The only comparison I can make is clean vinyl on a high end TT.

I've listened to these quit a bit
I agree about the mono stuff
There's a good article (I forget the website) out there
On how they were done an what equipment they used
About as good as you're gonna hear IMHO
A fine example of how to do a remaster justice

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #53,764 of 136,175
Can't find the set. Any particular place to look and what's the going rate if you know off the top of your head?

In the mean time; some Zep - Celebration Day

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #53,768 of 136,175
He is a famous Japanese artist that plays a lot of classic rock 'n' roll, but every once in a while, he throws out a very beautiful set of acoustic material. The emotion he plays into his material baffles me and I feel his music connect to me on a spiritual level. Regardless if the language is a barrier or not; I feel if music can convey emotion in a universal sense, there is something to be noted special about it.

This specific song is entitled "Uta Utai no Ballad" by Kazuyoshi Saito:

Jul 23, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #53,770 of 136,175
etta-james-hollywood-walk-of-fame-star.jpg

Currently in-session with "The Best Of Etta James." Rather than display the album cover, I decided to post her Star...what an artist! Using the easy to drive 
rolleyes.gif
 and much heralded HiFiMAN HE-6 (re-cabled), paired with Shindo Laboratory Preamp; Shindo Laboratory monaural amps, when Etta sings about falling in love or heartache, I believe it!

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #53,773 of 136,175
It's been a busy two weeks visiting Wisconsin, including a successful trip to my old record store. Usually I provide a short description of each album I've purchased, but today I'll just have to stick with names. It's a bit of an odd mix if you ask me, with everything from ska punk to ambient post-rock to synthpop to country.

Stroll by Big D and the Kids Table

Von by Sigur Ros

Greatest Hits Vol. III by Alabama

Innerspeaker by Tame Impala

Lonely Grill by Lonestar

Let's Go Extinct by Fanfarlo

Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons

Swagger by Flogging Molly

Rooms of the House by La Dispute

Users who are viewing this thread

Back