What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 21, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #50,986 of 135,987

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #50,989 of 135,987
Lo-Fi Electronic Magic! One of the best electronic albums ever, IMO.

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #50,991 of 135,987
beerchug.gif

May be my favorite album ever. Aja title track, with Steve Gadd playing the drums, is amazing, and when you exercise the woofers on the various drum solos , sound incredible. That song, on vinyl, was the first I played on my Spec system when everything was hooked up. An experience I won't ever forget. The album played I bought new back in the mid-70's so not only nostalgia crept in but the power of an immense power amp pushing Klipsch 3.2's at the time made a smile plastered on my face. Thanks for triggering the memories.

Remind me to tell you about the speaker system I designed and built, using a custom tuned 4 way passive crossover, that I used to play this and other SD albums on. And tick off the neighbors, lol. I used to play this album on a B&O Beogram 4000 turntable...

I love this LP! An easy thing to do considering some of the cats I enjoy listening to were brought in as studio musicians.

I've purchased this music 4 times. Twice on vinyl (one was an original master recording), twice on CD (the second one recently). I'm still not sure what happened to the first CD... my ex might have taken it when we got divorced.

The lineup of musicians on any Steely Dan album is just amazing. It reads like a who's who list of studio and jazz musicians. More amazing still is knowing how Aja and other SD albums were recorded... Just in case there's any Steely Dan fan reading this, who hasn't seen this video, it's a real must-see.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #50,993 of 135,987
  Really enjoyed the video posted recently, too.

Every time I post this video I have to watch it again, lol. I'm still watching it.
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #50,994 of 135,987

Every time I post this video I have to watch it again, lol. I'm still watching it.
wink.gif

The Elton john one i think is the best of all the Classic album docs. Thats if your into Elton of course. I remember i used to think elton john was ok but not great and then i seen that doc and it changed my mind completely. Its amazing how they recorded the album. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #50,995 of 135,987
Im surprised that i have sen this posted yet - won best doc at the Oscars and i do think it deserved it after watching all the others. A must see for any audio enthusiast! I have watched it 3 times already. I even preferred it to "standing in the shadows of Motown" and thats saying a lot. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #50,996 of 135,987
  Im surprised that i have sen this posted yet - won best doc at the Oscars and i do think it deserved it after watching all the others. A must see for any audio enthusiast! I have watched it 3 times already. I even preferred it to "standing in the shadows of Motown" and thats saying a lot. 

Anyone here who has heard any of the Mary Clayton albums? 

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #50,998 of 135,987

Just because "Powderfinger" was one of the first songs I really learned to play on guitar after I restarted playing guitar. I started playing guitar when I was around 13 or 14, but then I gave up for a few years. When I started again, "Powderfinger" and the Stones' "Dead Flowers" were two of the first songs I really learned...

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #51,000 of 135,987
  I am trying very hard not to purchase Aja yet again, this time SA-CD format. I'm fighting it! 
normal_smile%20.gif

2 against nature on SACD, now that would be nice. Surprisingly its my fav Dan album, even better than aja for me. That track "jack of speed" hmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back