What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #50,672 of 136,316
Daft Punk - Instant crush

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #50,678 of 136,316

One of the absolute greatest records of all time. Also one of the best-sounding albums ever committed to tape.

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #50,679 of 136,316

Cool link, thanks for posting! I'm a CSULB alum too
smily_headphones1.gif

You're welcome, the pleasure is all mine.
wink.gif

Life-long KJAZZ listener/supporter here! (88.1 FM)
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #50,683 of 136,316

Well, I never want to say I have everything by Dylan, but I'm close enough.

To me, there is no contest. Dylan is easily the most influential artist and best songwriter of the last 50 years.

I honestly think his body of work is the most interesting over that time period. That is not to say that it's flawless or always great. Dylan's work, like every artist's work, has had peaks and valleys. It has had brilliance and flaws. However, taking his work as a whole, I would say he's the most important artist of the last 50 years.

I should note that Jimi Hendrix, while he was alive, considered Bob Dylan to be the world's greatest artist. That's a pretty strong endorsement from a pretty well-regarded musician. 
smile.gif

There's no way I'm keeping everything by him.  I've already reduced the 13.2gb to 10 most being live performances and later albums I don't enjoy as much.  It's pretty funny how he purposely made bad albums in attempt to stop people from praising him so much as "The voice of a generation"  

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #50,684 of 136,316
  There's no way I'm keeping everything by him.  I've already reduced the 13.2gb to 10 most being live performances and later albums I don't enjoy as much.  It's pretty funny how he purposely made bad albums in attempt to stop people from praising him so much as "The voice of a generation"  

Hee. Hee. I have 51.8 GB of Dylan, and that's only the 44.1 / 16 FLAC stuff. That doesn't count the 24 bit stuff I have...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back