What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #50,521 of 137,083
  I hadn't really heard anything but Dog Days Are Over and Shake It Out until a few months ago, when I casually put in my girlfriend's copy of Lungs and became an instant fan. She's a much more talented artist than many people realize, and has a combination of power and creativity not seen often in the music business these days. Not to mention that both her albums are very well-produced, too.

I couldn't agree more.  Her albums are mastered okay, it could be a lot worse.  I recommend checking out the MTV Unplugged set with her too.  It's all acoustic.

The 2Cellos thing is pretty awesome.  They're pretty animated 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #50,522 of 137,083
  I couldn't agree more.  Her albums are mastered okay, it could be a lot worse.  I recommend checking out the MTV Unplugged set with her too.  It's all acoustic.

I think that Lungs was actually significantly better than Ceremonials when it comes to production value. They're both a bit warm overall, but Lungs had some more crispness to it.

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #50,523 of 137,083
EDIT: Please don't hurt me

Also: https://soundcloud.com/d-j-detweiler/baker-street

I'm pretty sure we have some Prodigy fans here right? You'll get a kick out of this: https://soundcloud.com/d-j-detweiler/the-prodigy-smack-my-bitch-up

I'm a huge fan of this guy as you can tell, I've linked some of his stuff before too lol.

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #50,525 of 137,083

Pardon me?

But... But I... 

"Gordon Meredith Lightfoot, Jr. CC OOnt is a Canadian singer-songwriter who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music, and has been credited for helping define the folk-pop sound of the 1960s and 1970s" 

I couldn't name anything else by him off the top of my head.  I'm sorry.  I promise it won't happen again.  *Braces for striking blow*

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #50,527 of 137,083
  But... But I... 

"Gordon Meredith Lightfoot, Jr. CC OOnt is a Canadian singer-songwriter who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music, and has been credited for helping define the folk-pop sound of the 1960s and 1970s" 

I couldn't name anything else by him off the top of my head.  I'm sorry.  I promise it won't happen again.  *Braces for striking blow*

You forgot the little part about writing and recording Early Morning Rain, and being covered by Dylan:)

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #50,529 of 137,083

Scott H. Biram - Nothin' But Blood (2014)

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #50,531 of 137,083
But... But I... 

"[COLOR=222222]Gordon Meredith Lightfoot, Jr. CC OOnt is a Canadian singer-songwriter who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music, and has been credited for helping define the folk-pop sound of the 1960s and 1970s" [/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]I couldn't name anything else by him off the top of my head.  I'm sorry.  I promise it won't happen again.  *Braces for striking blow*[/COLOR]

Check out Gords Gold or the album philo50 posted, as there are a number of good songs by Gordon. Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is probably his most well known. I like Beautiful as it's got a special place for my wife and I.

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #50,532 of 137,083

Sundown......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back