What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #49,757 of 136,009
  Just discovered Streetlight Manifesto's acoustic side, It's AMAZING.

The album is the acoustic version of "The Hand that Thieves" by the same group under the name Toh Kay. Their label disallowed the release of the acoustic version, so it ended up being "leaked".

Compare, the track "If Only For Memories" From the above album, to THIS one, the "normal version" which I find equally impressive.

Nice, thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #49,758 of 136,009

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #49,760 of 136,009
Going for the over the top stylistic range today:

All Pigs Must Die-Nothing Violates This Nature-2013-This has got to be the most aggressive album I bought last year. Not to listen to before your morning cup of coffee. Hardcore filtered through metal

Mingus Ah Um [Import]  three of Mingus' albums: 'Mingus Ah Um' ('59) and 'The Clown' ('57), 'Pithecanthropus Erectus' ('56), remastered 2010

John Coltrane : Blue Train, Soultrane, Dakar [Three Original Albums with 2 Bonus Tracks] [Import]

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #49,764 of 136,009

Good choice! Streetlight Manifesto's drama with Victory Records has kept me from buying the non-acoustic version of the album, but I "found" the acoustic version online after members of the band actively encouraged sharing it for free.

Do you have a favorite Streetlight Manifesto album?

I really enjoy BOTAR too, I made a point out of not paying for their Non-Acoustic stuff, but in fact buying some merchandise off their website in reparation. I'm almost sure they'd prefer that 
wink.gif

I think my favorite album is Everything Goes Numb

Specifically the track, A Better Place, A Better Time.

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #49,765 of 136,009
  I recently sold 188 records - this was one of the vinyl in the pack that i sold off. I sold it to a friend though who lives down the street. So i still get to hear them all the time. I had a lot of really good records in there. Lots of funk and soul - jazz rock fusion. The one i regret the most is the stuff album. A very rare record. You cant even download it. I might ask for it back. I was listeing to it today through some really nice vintage electro stats ¬ 

Here is a pick of the rig ¬ Also listened to a lot of Sam Cooke today which sounded amazing on those. 

eek.gif

Yes, you really do need to ask for that back. Politely. With an offer of dinner / beer / scotch of their choice.

I've never seen a turntable like that. Very interesting.

At some level, I really do miss the old technology. But I don't miss buying records over and over again. On the other hand, who knows, in another decade there may yet be some new revolution in recording tech that forces us to re-buy all of this music yet again, hah.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #49,767 of 136,009

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #49,770 of 136,009

Users who are viewing this thread

Back