What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #48,901 of 137,288
Savages-Silence Yourself 2013 (British Punk late 70's sound-really good!)

41ndXHfHeDL.jpg

Forrest Swords-Engravings 2013-electronic music.....nice mix of styles..electronic, real instrumentation, some vocals; mellow for the most part and beautiful

61Xp3foos5L.jpg

Ken Mode- Entrench 2013 (Noise rock/hardcore/metal)

419EH2oqV0L.jpg

The Ocean-Pelagial 2013

Amazon Editorial Review: 2013 release, the sixth studio album from the Berlin-based Post Metal band. It is a concept album based on the layers of the ocean, starting at the surface with a light sound ("Epipelagic") and ending with a Doom Metal style ("Benthic").

81XO8K3AwtL._SL1500_.jpg

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #48,903 of 137,288

It is a demanding album for sure. It took me quite a few years to develop any kind of appreciation for it. Now I must say though that even though I'm not necessarily the biggest Miles Davis fan, that album more than deserves its position as one of the most essential recordings in the brief history of recorded music on our planet. I love it and believe it should appear on my list of 100 favorite recordings. As you said there's a lot going on on that record and trying to comprehend it likely takes more than a couple of listens. Once you've heard it, I would recommend letting it simmer in your head for a while and coming back to it periodically after letting some time pass and listening to other music in between. I'm sure it'll start making sense one day. Even I can't just pop the album in at any time and enjoy it to its fullest. My mind really needs to be in the right place to be able to do that.

Bitches Brew is one of my favourite all time album too. I really listened to it for hours and hours . Recently, I discovered this :

It's soooo interesting to hear those working sessions . 

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #48,904 of 137,288
i love this album. I think it is there best. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #48,907 of 137,288

Jeff Buckley - Grace

/  1995 - Live Aus Dem Suedbahnof , Deutschland :

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #48,912 of 137,288
  Bitches Brew is one of my favourite all time album too. I really listened to it for hours and hours . Recently, I discovered this :

It's soooo interesting to hear those working sessions . 

A Tribute to Jack Johnson has always been one of my favorite Miles Davis albums. One of my cousins recommended it to me saying he was sure I'd like it and he was very right in his assessment. This was several years before I became a jazz fan. I believe Jack Johnson might've actually been the first Miles album I ever liked – Kind of Blue included. Kind of Blue was probably the second jazz album I ever purchased (without knowing its legacy, might I add), my first one being Wake by Trio Töykeät (I probably didn't even know what jazz was when I bought that one, LOL). It was only much later that my ears were seasoned enough to hear Kind of Blue as much more than just "pleasant".

But yeah, Jack Johnson is gooood.

Lund Quartet - Lund Quartet
https://lundquartet.bandcamp.com/album/lund-quartet

Destroysall posted this album in this thread some time ago. I was really busy around that time and missed it at the time, but luckily I always try to check out each and every new post to this thread when I take a look at it. It sounded interesting so I added it to my Bandcamp wish list. Now that I've been slowly trying to go through the list and shorten it a little bit I finally got around to this record and ordered the CD. I'm currently giving the digital download a proper first listen. To describe the group's music with one sentence, it's jazz with turntablism mixed in.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #48,913 of 137,288

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #48,914 of 137,288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back